Future at the running back position.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I know it was against a over matched tired defense. But I think the immediate future is in good hands at running back with McClellan and Roydell Williams carrying the rock. Both looked very solid running tonight and they both provided some unexpected highlights in the game tonight in my opinion. .Not to mention hopefully a 100 percent Trey Sanders coming back next season.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
All seemed to have good speed and vision. Little size though. That’s concerns me a bit. We’ve had size for several years now.

Reactions: CraigD

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
All seemed to have good speed and vision. Little size though. That’s concerns me a bit. We’ve had size for several years now.
Williams and McClellan will both benefit from a full year of S&C and proper nutrition. However I'd rather see them not bulk up too much and lose some quickness and speed which was typical under Cochran. You can add some mass and strength while still maintaining speed/quickness. if you compare the Clemson RB from when he was a freshman until now, that is what I would like to see from our RB's under the new S&C coach.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
MacClellan will likely top out at about 210-215. Big enough for a featured back. Plus, I don’t know the status of Sanders but he was coming into his own when he had the accident. He is a bigger kid. Also , we have the other kid from Texas . Kyle don’t remember his last name. I think he was about 225 out of high school.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
MacClellan will likely top out at about 210-215. Big enough for a featured back. Plus, I don’t know the status of Sanders but he was coming into his own when he had the accident. He is a bigger kid. Also , we have the other kid from Texas . Kyle don’t remember his last name. I think he was about 225 out of high school.
Kyle Edwards he was listed at 210 when he was signed last year. He is from Louisiana though and not Texas. I just did not mention him because we have not seen him yet.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Kyle Edwards he was listed at 210 when he was signed last year. He is from Louisiana though and not Texas. I just did not mention him because we have not seen him yet.
Ok, 210 but he looks a lot bigger. I am assuming his frame will allow a few more pounds of muscle.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Not to take any shine off what the guys did but wasn't UK playing backups too at that point? The guys pressed the hole and cut up and accelerated which was good to see, but our backup OLine was making good creases vs their backup defense.

Alan92

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2020
Not to take any shine off what the guys did but wasn't UK playing backups too at that point? The guys pressed the hole and cut up and accelerated which was good to see, but our backup OLine was making good creases vs their backup defense.
Yeah, I believe McClellan finished the game as the leading rusher, not Najee. He made great runs but UK had basically waved the white flag by then.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
That may be true but I was still encouraged by both the backup o-line and the rookies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.