GA Fan view of the game

UGATOPIA

Jan 11, 2022
I'll try to put aside my bias of being a GA fan and try to be objective as possible on the game.

Alabama:
- Losing Jameson Williams really hurt the offense. After receivers started dropping passes, BY lost confidence in his receivers and started to press.
- I thought Alabama should have worked the ground game more while you guys were up, especially with WRs struggling.
- BY is legit! We had so much pressure on him all night but he made great throws with defenders on his face taking hit after hit. He earned my respect, you guys got a great QB.
- Will Anderson is a stud, most feared defender I've seen this year.
- AL played too many close games this year. It finally caught up to them.

Georgia:
- As a GA fan, I wanted Smart to put in JT Daniels. Bennett always makes bone head mistakes (Pick 6 with SEC Championship, Lost fumble / Incompletion review in this game). He is not good enough to make these mistakes. If GA had BY and AL had SB, GA would have blown out AL.
- I hear many AL fans complaining about injuries and they are true and impacted the game. However, GA had injuries and missing player all season long. Adam Anderson (best pass rusher) suspended for season. George Picken (best receiver) not full speed after ACL in spring. Arian Smith (out), their faster receiver. Christopher Smith our starting safety (out in SEC championship). Point is, injury is part of the game.
- GA won the national championship despite having Bennett as our QB. Overall, GA was a better team, with a decent QB, GA would have been the better team by far, I believe.
- GA's first true close game was in the national championship and we won by 15 points. Of course we got blown out in SEC C too.

AlexanderFan

Registered
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Welcome. This is one of the best sites around. Just kind of be careful with the obnoxious stuff and you’ll be fine.

I wouldn’t go so far to say you won in spite of Bennett, but had Alabama been full strength Bennett would’ve lost a duel with Bryce Young more than likely.

Georgia exploited the Alabama line and made Bryce uncomfortable in his throwing motion. You throw those drops in and it’s no wonder he got a little frustrated.

I’m not sure the running game would’ve been successful on a consistent basis. BoB has shown a reluctance to run to the left behind our All-American, and getting behind the sticks is always trouble against a top notch defense. BoB never called any jet sweeps and the few wide throws were very inaccurate and the receivers never really got going forward in a timely fashion. Georgia had solid tackling as well.

Overall it would’ve taken an unsung hero to step up and it just didn’t happen this year.

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
It had the feel of the 2012 SECCG, only the roles in the 4th quarter were reversed...(and the disastrous play by the team trying to come from behind resulted in points this time).

We were in the game (with a chance at the end), but Georgia played some of the most dominant 8 minutes in football this year against us. Were it not against my team, it would have been beautiful to behold.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I'm amazed some Dawg fans still won't give Bennett credit. Tell me who would have made a better throw than the one to Mitchell. The guy led two 4th quarter scoring drives against one of the better defenses around to win a title. If you really think Daniels is better, then you must think poorly of your coach.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm amazed some Dawg fans still won't give Bennett credit. Tell me who would have made a better throw than the one to Mitchell. The guy led two 4th quarter scoring drives against one of the better defenses around to win a title. If you really think Daniels is better, then you must think poorly of your coach.
they're an odd bunch

Cruloc

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2019
Everything lined up well for you. Once Williams went down we all knew there would be issues....but we still had the lead late in the 3rd....despite all the injuries and despite Georgia being this generational defense that everyone kept calling them.

Enjoy you national championship. It took a young and injured Bama team for you to get your first natty since Reagan was president. Enjoy this year, Bama will be back again next year, will you?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Everything lined up well for you. Once Williams went down we all knew there would be issues....but we still had the lead late in the 3rd....despite all the injuries and despite Georgia being this generational defense that everyone kept calling them.

Enjoy you national championship. It took a young and injured Bama team for you to get your first natty since Reagan was president. Enjoy this year, Bama will be back again next year, will you?
their other national championship happened 19 days before reagan took office

Reactions: Cruloc

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I'll try to put aside my bias of being a GA fan and try to be objective as possible on the game.

Alabama:
- Losing Jameson Williams really hurt the offense. After receivers started dropping passes, BY lost confidence in his receivers and started to press.
- I thought Alabama should have worked the ground game more while you guys were up, especially with WRs struggling.
- BY is legit! We had so much pressure on him all night but he made great throws with defenders on his face taking hit after hit. He earned my respect, you guys got a great QB.

Georgia:
- As a GA fan, I wanted Smart to put in JT Daniels. Bennett always makes bone head mistakes (Pick 6 with SEC Championship, Lost fumble / Incompletion review in this game). He is not good enough to make these mistakes. If GA had BY and AL had SB, GA would have blown out AL.
- I hear many AL fans complaining about injuries and they are true and impacted the game. However, GA had injuries and missing player all season long. Adam Anderson (best pass rusher) suspended for season. George Picken (best receiver) not full speed after ACL in spring. Arian Smith (out), their faster receiver. Christopher Smith our starting safety (out in SEC championship). Point is, injury is part of the game.
- GA won the national championship despite having Bennett as our QB. Overall, GA was a better team, with a decent QB, GA would have been the better team by far, I believe.
- GA's first true close game was in the national championship and we won by 15 points. Of course we got blown out in SEC C too.
1-1 record does not make you the better team “by far.” We beat you guys by 17 just about a month ago. At best it makes the two teams equal.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Isnt Kirby 1-4 vs Saban?
Yes, and I don’t expect that to change much. It took more than they realize to swing the game in their favor. That’s why they’re Georgia. Give them credit for winning the game but good grief this UGA is not even a top 15 all time SEC team. Maybe one of the greats are in their weak history but had Bama won the game I’d ranked this years team at the bottom of all Saban’s NC teams

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Alabama:

Georgia:
2 things.
It’s one thing to play a whole season with some guys missing. It’s another to lose 2 guys you have built your entire season around , and one was a huge part of the game plan, a guy that draws attention so other guys get open, that has chemistry with the QB and makes the same reads on the defense so BY knew where to throw the ball . since you brought it up.

yep , you won by 15 points . Stomped a mud hole in Nick Saban‘s team, as I heard it on 92.9 this week. Georgia’s program has surpassed Bama as the Nations new top program as I heard in 680 the fan. Funny, Bama was driving to tie the game with 2:39 to go in this big win.

I got news for you, the NC game and the SEC game was the same game. Bama moved the ball(more yards than Ga) , scored on most of their drives early in the game. Held Ga in check early through 2 1/2 quarters. The only difference was the big play ability of Metchie and Jamo . With them, Bama scored TDs instead of FGs.with them, Bama put pressure on the Ga offense and Bennett made mistakes. Blew out Ga, Game was over at halftime. Without them you got the Result you got.
thats the first time I’ve even used injuries , (BTW our 2 starting corners were also out for this game) but again, you brought it up. We won’t ‘ if only Colt didnt get hurt’. So that’s the last time I will use it. I guess you can go back to Dawgnation and post a link to your troll so you can all laugh!

Last edited:
...It took a young and injured Bama team for you to get your first natty since Reagan was president...
Technically, Carter was still president when UGa beat ND 01.01.1981. So many possible jokes about conditions precedent for an UGa title, but all would tend to cross over into NS and maybe get me a vacation...

Edit to correct a date

Last edited:
Reactions: Cruloc