Game Thread: Gasparilla Bowl: Florida vs Central Florida (ESPN 6 CST)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
“We beat a team that nearly beat Alabama”
UCF will always be a bunch of wannabes but never gonnabes who will tell you they "beat a team who beat a team." I swear these people need wrapped up in a pinata and smacked for Christmas AND New Year's.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
UCF will always be a bunch of wannabes but never gonnabes who will tell you they "beat a team who beat a team." I swear these people need wrapped up in a pinata and smacked for Christmas AND New Year's.
They are a far better program now than Miami and Florida St but really what is that really saying? If they joined the ACC then they would likely rule it along with Clemson.

UCF is growing at an alarming rate, and probably is one of those teams in the G5 (along with Cincinnati) that SHOULD be P5. But we need to pump the brakes in saying that they are a playoff team or got screwed in 2017 and 2018.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
They are a far better program now than Miami and Florida St but really what is that really saying? If they joined the ACC then they would likely rule it along with Clemson.

UCF is growing at an alarming rate, and probably is one of those teams in the G5 (along with Cincinnati) that SHOULD be P5. But we need to pump the brakes in saying that they are a playoff team or got screwed in 2017 and 2018.
72,000 students at UCF, it is a huge school. I would love to see them join the ACC, but there is no way they will have 3 ACC schools from one state.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
72,000 students at UCF, it is a huge school. I would love to see them join the ACC, but there is no way they will have 3 ACC schools from one state.
Yeah. They really should swap UCF for Miami. I know alot here but Miami hook line and sinker but Miami is still a tough university to get into in a community outside the city.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They didn’t even have a football team until 1979, when they began as a Division III program. Now they are in a quasi-P5 league. Quite an accomplishment.

Granted, this is a bad Florida team led by a coach who was prepping for the game with the new coach peering over his shoulder. But it is still a big win for them in terms of perception.

UCF beat Alabama in 2000. After the game, Mike Dubose was fired.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
How many of those students are on campus?

How many will turn into season ticket holding alumni?

How many actually attend the games now?

Their attendance number is an overrated statistic when it comes to whether or not they are worthy of P5 status, IMO. Even the concept of them passing UF, FSU, or Miami is still not a given because of the foundation those 3 have in place. The right coach can turn them around instantly and UCF would be yesterday's dirty laundry. But the longer they all take to get their acts together, the more entrenched UCF becomes.

Reactions: bamamc1

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.