Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime)

DogPatch

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
The Brits really make some good TV shows.

Ripper Street
Broadchurch
Luther
I love British humor, and they have some great shows. We loved Broadchurch, and, of course, Dr. Who. Though we haven't watched since about halfway through Capaldi's first season. I'm a huge David Tennant fan, and thought he was the only redeeming quality of Jessica Jones.

Top Gear with Clarkson, Hammond, and May was awesome.

One of my all-time favorite shows is Father Ted - it's hilarious. It's on Amazon Prime, but not Netflix.

Possibly my favorite Father Ted moment:

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we found a few good shows on hbo max

- atlanta's missing and murdered children - 6 part series. we are 4 episodes in. it can be a little disturbing to watch but it is well done.

- frayed (aussie tv show) - this has turned out to be a pretty good show and quite funny at times.

- an american pickle - seth rogen's latest. i have watched the first half and will finish later this week. it's not great, but good enough to watch.

- we finally got around to watching watchmen and really liked it. neither my wife nor i are big fans of the comic/whatever genre this is, but the show really grew on us.

Reactions: TexasBama

TexasBama

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
we found a few good shows on hbo max

- atlanta's missing and murdered children - 6 part series. we are 4 episodes in. it can be a little disturbing to watch but it is well done.

- frayed (aussie tv show) - this has turned out to be a pretty good show and quite funny at times.

- an american pickle - seth rogen's latest. i have watched the first half and will finish later this week. it's not great, but good enough to watch.

- we finally got around to watching watchmen and really liked it. neither my wife nor i are big fans of the comic/whatever genre this is, but the show really grew on us.
I really liked the Watchmen movie, and think they’ve done good job spinning it into a series. Iirc the original Watchmen comic was only a dozen or so individual comic books.

Reactions: 92tide

TexasBama

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Started watching Greatest Events of WWII in Colour on Netflix. A lot of really good color or colorized video. Didn't know that when the Nazis invaded France they were juiced on meth.

Latest threads

TideFansStore.com - up to 65% off!

TideFansStore.com Purchases made through our TideFansStore.com link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.