Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
The Brits really make some good TV shows.

Ripper Street
Broadchurch
Luther
I love British humor, and they have some great shows. We loved Broadchurch, and, of course, Dr. Who. Though we haven't watched since about halfway through Capaldi's first season. I'm a huge David Tennant fan, and thought he was the only redeeming quality of Jessica Jones.

Top Gear with Clarkson, Hammond, and May was awesome.

One of my all-time favorite shows is Father Ted - it's hilarious. It's on Amazon Prime, but not Netflix.

Possibly my favorite Father Ted moment:

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we found a few good shows on hbo max

- atlanta's missing and murdered children - 6 part series. we are 4 episodes in. it can be a little disturbing to watch but it is well done.

- frayed (aussie tv show) - this has turned out to be a pretty good show and quite funny at times.

- an american pickle - seth rogen's latest. i have watched the first half and will finish later this week. it's not great, but good enough to watch.

- we finally got around to watching watchmen and really liked it. neither my wife nor i are big fans of the comic/whatever genre this is, but the show really grew on us.

Reactions: TexasBama

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
we found a few good shows on hbo max

- atlanta's missing and murdered children - 6 part series. we are 4 episodes in. it can be a little disturbing to watch but it is well done.

- frayed (aussie tv show) - this has turned out to be a pretty good show and quite funny at times.

- an american pickle - seth rogen's latest. i have watched the first half and will finish later this week. it's not great, but good enough to watch.

- we finally got around to watching watchmen and really liked it. neither my wife nor i are big fans of the comic/whatever genre this is, but the show really grew on us.
I really liked the Watchmen movie, and think they’ve done good job spinning it into a series. Iirc the original Watchmen comic was only a dozen or so individual comic books.

Reactions: 92tide

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Started watching Greatest Events of WWII in Colour on Netflix. A lot of really good color or colorized video. Didn't know that when the Nazis invaded France they were juiced on meth.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
"i'm thinking of Ending Things" is on Netflix and has been gushed over by the critics, so we watched it. Gosh, I wish I could get that 1-1/2 hours back. A disjointed plot that moves at a glacial pace. And the dialogue is babble posing as art.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.