Gems on streaming networks part 2

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Blacklight -- starring Liam Neeson...pretty good if you like anti-government conspiracy flicks. Prime Video.

The Night Agent -- excellent movie in the same genre as above...on Netflix.
Enjoyed the Night Agent. If you suspend your disbelief on the conspiracy, it is very well made.

Reactions: Toddrn

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Enjoyed the Night Agent. If you suspend your disbelief on the conspiracy, it is very well made.
We’ve been watching Night Agent as well…currently through 7 of 10 episodes, and will watch the last three today and tomorrow.

Lots of red herrings. Who’s a good guy and who’s a bad one are not obvious, especially in the early episodes. So pay attention to every single word.

We know one particular character’s with the bad guys, but are still trying to figure out why….what’s the motivation?

Follow-up: Finished the last three episodes last night. Ignoring a few minor implausibilities, Night Agent finished strong. I’d rate the first 2 episodes as excellent, though the next couple could have been compressed into one. The ensuing few set up the final three really well, and the last three are suspenseful.

Netflix has announced a Season 2, but it sounds like it’ll be a bit different from most series.

In an interview by Esquire magazine, the showrunner says that each season is pretty much self-contained, and that there is some carryover with the characters, but not that much. Which would indicate that Pete Sutherland might have a reduced presence. Or maybe not.

Also says it’ll be set in another part of the world, but doesn’t say where. My guess is Eastern Europe, tied in with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
We’ve been watching Night Agent as well…currently through 7 of 10 episodes, and will watch the last three today and tomorrow.

Lots of red herrings. Who’s a good guy and who’s a bad one are not obvious, especially in the early episodes. So pay attention to every single word.

We know one particular character’s with the bad guys, but are still trying to figure out why….what’s the motivation?

Follow-up: Finished the last three episodes last night. Ignoring a few minor implausibilities, Night Agent finished strong. I’d rate the first 2 episodes as excellent, though the next couple could have been compressed into one. The ensuing few set up the final three really well, and the last three are suspenseful.

Netflix has announced a Season 2, but it sounds like it’ll be a bit different from most series.

In an interview by Esquire magazine, the showrunner says that each season is pretty much self-contained, and that there is some carryover with the characters, but not that much. Which would indicate that Pete Sutherland might have a reduced presence. Or maybe not.

Also says it’ll be set in another part of the world, but doesn’t say where. My guess is Eastern Europe, tied in with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

This is a really good series. Like most of these, with the lag between seasons, I expect I'll have to rewatch it.

OTOH, I tried watching Citadel on Prime and it's just not very good. I love espionage stories, and I like the actor Richard Madden, but not enough to continue watching.

Reactions: OakMtn4Bama

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Finished the season/ series of Ted Lasso last night. This season drifted into more WOKE territory than I am comfortable with, but the writing stayed good and it ended strong. This is probably the end of the series, but they left the door slightly cracked - plot wise to continue. Overall, it was well done.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I saw Portlandia is on Amazon Prime. If you haven't seen, it's a funny spoof on people in Portland, and not too terribly far from realistic.

In the first episode they say Portland is the place where young people go to retire. :)

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I watched The Days on Netflix, a series on the Fukushima Disaster. It wasn't as well done as HBO's Chernobyl series, but was interesting to see the details of what occurred. I'd advise watching it with Japanese language and subtitles - the English dubbing is pretty bad.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
July 12 on Netflix.

Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins, Atlanta Falcons QB Marcus Mariota, and reigning Super Bowl champion and MVP Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs give you an unprecedented, all access look into the 2022-2023 football season from their huddles to their homes and more.

See what it takes to have the toughest job in sports both on and off the field as players balance the mental, physical, and personal pressures to perform every week. Get inside the huddles and on the sidelines for the biggest moments of victory and heartbreak with players mic'ed up for every game.

• Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Rewatching Better Call Saul seasons 1-4, so I can finally finish the show. Not streaming it, I instead bought the box set of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Started rewatching Justified last week - on Hulu with commercials. Watched it several years back and really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure how it would hold up again but I have to say I think I am enjoying it just as much this time around. Just found out there is a new season coming out. I think Raylan is the only returning character but should still be good.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Started rewatching Justified last week - on Hulu with commercials. Watched it several years back and really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure how it would hold up again but I have to say I think I am enjoying it just as much this time around. Just found out there is a new season coming out. I think Raylan is the only returning character but should still be good.
Finished it recently for the first time. Best series I have seen in a long time. Looking forward to the new one.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
One of my all time favorites.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
One of the top 5 dramas of all time.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I watched it when it first aired but I missed certain episodes here and there. Always enjoyed the show and wanted to watch what I missed.....so I bought the entire series on DVD!

$27.65 for all 6 seasons from eBay...not bad!

I also picked up all 3 seasons of True Detective ~ $25 also from eBay.

But I've yet to watch any of them....lol.....oh well....one day!

Reactions: UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.