Gems on streaming networks part 2

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I didn't see much difference and thought Ozark's ending actually ripped off The Sopranos.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Ozark was a good show until Darlene shot Del. After that it was too unbelievable and everyone wore triple thick plot armor that allowed them to get away with the dumbest decisions imaginable.

Sopranos ending actually made sense but it was divisive because we didn’t get to see Tony get whacked.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Been watching "The Old Man" on Hulu starring Jeff Bridges. About a retired CIA agent living sort of off grid, who has old demons after him again. Pretty well done. Worth a look. They are dropping an episode or two each FRi.

Reactions: UAH and TexasBama

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Been watching "The Old Man" on Hulu starring Jeff Bridges. About a retired CIA agent living sort of off grid, who has old demons after him again. Pretty well done. Worth a look. They are dropping an episode or two each FRi.
Given his health issues, I am reluctant to start anything with him in it. Especially a series.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Netflix officially canceled for me. I was finding myself less and less interested in anything they have.

Anyone have a suggestion on something that I should pick up? Currently I have Hulu, HBOmax, and amazon prime.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Just watched The Oxford Murders on Amazon Prime. Thrilling murder mystery with the philosophical discussion of whether one can really know objective truth at the center. The movie centers on the relationship between Elijah Wood (student) and John Hurt (professor.) If you know a little about philosophy, logic and mathematical theory you will really enjoy this. Yes, there's a lot of use of the "f" word and a couple of topless nude love scenes. So don't watch with children...

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
I saw that one and have on my list.
I watched the Terminal List on Amazon. It was ok - not a lot of brain cells needed.
I enjoyed Terminal List very much. Chris Pratt was good. His wife in the movie is Elvis' granddaughter, and she did a good job. The "Roll Tide" girl was funny.
Can't imagine how they do a season two, unless the Chris is named a national hero

Reactions: Con

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I enjoyed Terminal List very much. Chris Pratt was good. His wife in the movie is Elvis' granddaughter, and she did a good job. The "Roll Tide" girl was funny.
Can't imagine how they do a season two, unless the Chris is named a national hero
I’m in the middle of Terminal List. It’s very good. Good character development and story line but it is brutal. My only criticism is the filming: why do dark all the time?
Love the pilot. In a flash back, I love the way she “clarifies” she’s an Alabama fan!

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I ran across Animal Kingdom on Amazon Prime. First 5 seasons are available and the 6th (and I think final) season is airing currently on TNT.
About a SoCal area crime family, with Ellen Barkin as the matriarch Smurf and her sons and grandson making their living as thieves. It’s kinda of Point Break meets Sons of Anarchy

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
We watch 13 Lives on Amazon Prime, a Ron Howard movie. It's about the kids that got stuck in the cave in Thailand a few years ago. Interesting and well done. Really good cast.

Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.