General SEC Tournament Thread...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We are a 2 regardless at this point. Who our region partner is, is the mystery.

The good news in this Covid season is that there are very few upsets. That bodes well going into tournament.

Reactions: B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Speaking of original memories, the talent was so thin after Dee left, Lambert was reduced to scouting the intramural ranks for players. He signed three who were later convicted of point-shaving, while playing for Bama. In fact, two were later indicted for bribing players of other teams to shave points. Coincidentally, they were all from NYC. I've never been so furious as when I found out that the Bama-AU game was fixed, after I'd suffered that long drive back from Auburn, sick in the back seat of his car...

Newspaper report

• Wow
Reactions: JDCrimson

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I just looked at the bracket. I know it's done according to the SEC records, but our draw as the #1 seed doesn't look as good as I'd hope with game one being the winner of the KY/MSU game.

We'll need to win three tough games in 3 days to win the tourney.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I just looked at the bracket. I know it's done according to the SEC records, but our draw as the #1 seed doesn't look as good as I'd hope with game one being the winner of the KY/MSU game.

We'll need to win three tough games in 3 days to win the tourney.
We own LSU. So I think if we get by UK/State we are in the finals. LSU scares me not at all.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
If both play up to their potential, Miss State or UK will be a tough out. UK needs to win it all just to get into the tourney so they will be playing with a different type of pressure. Us winning may be the difference between a one and a two seed. Us losing may be the difference between a two and a three. So fo us, it will be better to at least make it to the finals.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If both play up to their potential, Miss State or UK will be a tough out. UK needs to win it all just to get into the tourney so they will be playing with a different type of pressure. Us winning may be the difference between a one and a two seed. Us losing may be the difference between a two and a three. So fo us, it will be better to at least make it to the finals.
I really think we are a 2 regardless.

UK or State gives us a “good loss”

Reactions: gamersfuel

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I really think we are a 2 regardless.

UK or State gives us a “good loss”
Respectfully there is no good loss at a neutral site, I don't see us getting by Kentucky-M State winner the way we have played lately and if we do there's UT waiting not a good draw. If we lose earlu we'll be a 3 or possible 4 seed

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Respectfully there is no good loss at a neutral site, I don't see us getting by Kentucky-M State winner the way we have played lately and if we do there's UT waiting not a good draw. If we lose earlu we'll be a 3 or possible 4 seed
We boat raced KY when they weren't playing well. So, sure they'll be different now, but we also beat MSU both games and really didn't play well either time (probably because they match up with us almost as good as anyone in the conference).

Even we haven't played well, most of the time we find a way to win.

Reactions: UAllday

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sunshine pumper huh ?

• Haha
Reactions: CB4

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’m actually more concerned about the 11am than our opponent.

I think they get down early and win by 10. Whoever the opponent is.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Watching this Vandy - A&M game because, well, I’m a glutton for punishment.

Anyway, Jimmy Dykes doing color made a comment “I want you to watch so and so. He is such a great shooter. When misses, he misses either short or long, never to the left or right. That is the sign of a great shooter....”

Huh???

Last time check a shot that misses left or right counts absolutely the same as a miss long or short. I thought a great shooter was someone that didn’t miss much AT ALL...left, right, short or long....

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Watching this Vandy - A&M game because, well, I’m a glutton for punishment.

Anyway, Jimmy Dykes doing color made a comment “I want you to watch so and so. He is such a great shooter. When misses, he misses either short or long, never to the left or right. That is the sign of a great shooter....”

Huh???

Last time check a shot that misses left or right counts absolutely the same as a miss long or short. I thought a great shooter was someone that didn’t miss much AT ALL...left, right, short or long....
Usually long and short is due to fatigue (short) or adrenaline (long). Probably what he was referring to

Reactions: BamaInBham

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Hard to agree. Bama just beat MSU on the road playing gritty, very ugly ball. Beat a decent UGA on the road fairly comfortably, just playing well not great. Bama can beat both typical UK or MSU with an off game with the way they play D. If Bama is on neither have a chance no matter how good they play. UT, on average, is far worse on offense than "bad" Bama. Since SEC play has begun, Alabama has shown to this point that they simply know how to win basketball games, whether they play good O, mediocre or bad. Their D, tenacity, heart, unselfishness, coaching and experience has created a great will and ability to win games, because of and sometimes, in spite of, their offense.

It would be stunning a shock if Bama were a 4 seed even with a round one exit, it will just be a surprise if they are a 3 seed even with a first round exit. Btw, I would rather be a 3 seed in the non-Gonzaga region than a 2 seed in their region.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I'll agree with with some you say it's just we really don't match up well with state they r big and long and i think that gives us a little problem at times and uk you cant count out, now if we fireing on all cylinders we r tough out and bout 3 0r 4 seed i really think the committee looks at the sec as not that strong because uk and fla r not that strong this year

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.