General Thoughts About Doug Marrone As O Line Coach?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Just wondering what those in the know think. I know he has an NFL background but uncertain as to his O line coaching credentials. I believe it`s more stable on the D side of the line. Will feel better with a good O line coach and O coordinator. Yes, I trust CNS!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Basically his entire career has been coaching OL:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He is well-respected in NFL Circle. I think he's better than Flood...

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Thank you sir!! I guess that kinda` answers that!

Reactions: crimsonaudio

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Have to imagine having a bunch of NFL HCs on the staff probably makes CNS job much easier at the very least.

I wonder which former NFL HC will be our ST and TE coach

Last edited:
Reactions: CraigD and Padreruf

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
I am a Buffalo Bills Fan. His coaching career there was hampered by a horrible front office (no longer the case). I'm guessing that it was also a mess in Jax.
I think that he will be great as long as he knows who is boss, which I'm sure that he will. He has to know what he will be walking into and probably wants to do the grunt work and get back to being a college head coach.
Jmo.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Have to imagine having a bunch of NFL HCs on the staff probably makes CNS job much easier at the very least.

I wonder which former NFL HC will be our ST and TD coach
Most people who have served as "the leader" have no problem serving as a 1st Lt. They respect the one who has to make the tough decisions...they know what that was like. They also understand accountability and discipline in all matters.

The only exception I can think of to this was one LK. He was as brilliant as they come, but also as immature as a HS sophomore.
As to your final question, I was hoping that someone like Marvin Lewis could come on board...he is one class individual.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.