General Thoughts About Doug Marrone As O Line Coach?

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Basically his entire career has been coaching OL:
In addition, check out the Georgia area recruiting credentials! Grand slam!

Reactions: The Ols

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I consulted with 1970's Johnny Winter about the Doug Marrone hire, and he responded with:

"I gotta girl named Bony Marrone.

She's as skinny as a stick o' macaroni."

So I take that as a thumbs up...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If Saban wants him, that's enough for me. I just wish these NFL guys would stick around for a while, but instead it's like coming to Alabama is just a holding pattern for them while they wait on another NFL opportunity to open up--we are never a destination job for any of them. Then again I guess that's just the world that we live in today.

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
Have to imagine having a bunch of NFL HCs on the staff probably makes CNS job much easier at the very least.

I wonder which former NFL HC will be our ST and TE coach
I think Jason Witten has retired again. He prolly aint going anywhere NEAR Rocky Flop any time soon.

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
I am a Buffalo Bills Fan. His coaching career there was hampered by a horrible front office (no longer the case). I'm guessing that it was also a mess in Jax.
I think that he will be great as long as he knows who is boss, which I'm sure that he will. He has to know what he will be walking into and probably wants to do the grunt work and get back to being a college head coach.
Jmo.
Your General Manager (Buffalo Bills) is Brandon Beane who grew up here in Albemarle NC. His mother is a very good friend of ours. She is a CPA.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I consulted with 1970's Johnny Winter about the Doug Marrone hire, and he responded with:

"I gotta girl named Bony Marrone.

She's as skinny as a stick o' macaroni."

So I take that as a thumbs up...
I guess Larry Williams wasn’t available ?

• Haha
Reactions: Rush

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.