General thoughts about the team/Remaining games/CFB in general

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Obviously the loss is a shared loss. Also as you point out there were plenty of drops and mental lapses by the players. CPB once said in a close game one or two plays could beat you. It is also common to hear CNS say that the job of the Coach is to put the team in position to win. Yes I agree it was shared but in a three point loss I lay greater blame at the feet of BOB as the coach for not seeing what was happening in the game and not going with what is working. My opinion I get it but listen to commentator/former coaches and even our own head coach it was a factor in the loss that could have been avoided… of course one could make the point on the drop in the end zone as well as the poor route run on the interception played just as huge. My opinion is one of those people is paid to be right and he happens to be sitting in the press box.
And a kickoff return for a touchdown, which is on special teams. Late in the game, just after Bama had taken the lead.
Of course you’re entitled to your opinion- everyone is. And talking heads get paid to talk, I trust what I see over what they say.
I’m simply pointing out why I disagree and don’t think O’Brien deserves any more blame than PG, the players, and even CNS himself.
522 yards of offense means he did much more right in the game than wrong.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I though we had a really, really good defense going in to this season. Obviously I was wrong. I thought our defense would carry the O for he first half of the season. Obviously I was wrong again. So I don't think I am qualified to opine any longer this season. Roll Tide Roll and win any way you can.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Unless we make significant improvement on both sides of the ball, with the exception of NM State and possibly LSU, we have no gimmes left on this year's schedule.
The only thing I’m thankful for is that it wasn’t against Tennessee. I had a sinking feeling that this team was too immature to take them seriously and the play calling isn’t on point to bail us out this year. I think these past two weeks has proven that if Alabama is up for a game then there is no game they can’t win and if they aren’t then every game is a possible loss. It’s really why I’m not as concerned about Georgia as I am getting to Georgia.

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
The only thing I’m thankful for is that it wasn’t against Tennessee. I had a sinking feeling that this team was too immature to take them seriously and the play calling isn’t on point to bail us out this year. I think these past two weeks has proven that if Alabama is up for a game then there is no game they can’t win and if they aren’t then every game is a possible loss. It’s really why I’m not as concerned about Georgia as I am getting to Georgia.
Amen, please Bama don't have an A&M moment against UT or Auburn

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Interesting. I hope this pans out.

ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) gives the Tide at least an 80% chance to win all 6 of their remaining regular-season games:
• Oct. 16 at Mississippi State — 82.0% chance to win
• Oct. 23 vs. Tennessee — 89.4% chance to win
• Nov. 6 vs. LSU — 93.5% chance to win
• Nov. 13 vs. New Mexico State — 99.9% chance to win
• Nov. 20 vs. Arkansas — 88.2% chance to win
• Nov. 27 at Auburn — 80.2% chance to win

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
We do have a new OL coach, do we not...

Wondering aloud how he might fit into our OL issues...

Which, in all candor, were on astonishingly - and I mean astonishingly - awful display last weekend....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Interesting. I hope this pans out.

ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) gives the Tide at least an 80% chance to win all 6 of their remaining regular-season games:
• Oct. 16 at Mississippi State — 82.0% chance to win
• Oct. 23 vs. Tennessee — 89.4% chance to win
• Nov. 6 vs. LSU — 93.5% chance to win
• Nov. 13 vs. New Mexico State — 99.9% chance to win
• Nov. 20 vs. Arkansas — 88.2% chance to win
• Nov. 27 at Auburn — 80.2% chance to win
There is a 0.1% chance New Mexico State wins? I guess the entire team could get covid and have to forfeit?

• Haha
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A couple of observations: The problem with every college team is NOT play calling or schemes. It is execution. "We just did not execute."

It is sooooo good to see TCU playing to their recruiting for the past two years as opposed to destroying my stats with their overachievement. Maybe it is rubbing off on Iowa St.

It appears the the transfer portal is actually a really late signing day. In effect we have an early signing day, a regu.ar signing day and now a late, late signing day. I think it has really helped some teams.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I will address the right tackle. Chris Owens is a great young man! Graduated with a masters degree in education in 2020, he is working on his Doctorate. He is up for the William Campbell Trophy for academic and community achievement , which comes with a $18,000 postgraduate scholarship. He is The role model of student athlete. He is a great teammate, didn’t complain or have attitude when Dickerson transferred in and took his potential spot a few years ago. He is the kind of kid you want on your team! He is also an IOL, not really a Tackle, doesn’t have the best footwork for outside speed rushers.blame it on the coaches, whatever but there should be a place for someone like Chris Owens. He stepped in last year at center and performed down the stretch to help bring the Championship home! I love the guy! I don’t love him at RT!

Last edited:

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
As to point #2, I have to wonder if there’s a Jalen/Tua 2018 situation at RT. Saban seems
very loyal to Owens (and with good reason - by all accounts he’s a great kid and a leader) despite his clear struggles and playing out of position and with 2 5-star freshman tackles on the roster. Also wondering why Jaylen Moody isn’t seeing the field more often. Coach P must be getting tired of pointing out the breakdowns at RT and ILB every week.

Saw an earlier reference to the class with this year’s seniors being lower-ranked. One of the podcasts I like went down the 2019 class and noticed maybe 5 guys from that group majorly contributing to this year’s team and at least 2 major busts on defense (Alfano and Sopsher).

Saban is the highest-paid CFB for a reason, and if anyone can right this ship it’s him. Really curious to see which Tide rolls onto the field tonight.

Reactions: Bama Lee

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I though we had a really, really good defense going in to this season. Obviously I was wrong. I thought our defense would carry the O for he first half of the season. Obviously I was wrong again. So I don't think I am qualified to opine any longer this season. Roll Tide Roll and win any way you can.
I could've written this exact post.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
We DO have a really good defense, as far as talent goes. What we don’t have is a competent defensive coordinator.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Bennett needs to turn the ball over

Edit- i hate it when I do this!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.