Link: Georgia and their 2020 in -state recruiting

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

its becoming a trend under the Kirby era now. I understand you recruit the best players nation wide esp. if your a program like UGA, but this is really inexcusable to have this much talent in your state to only receive 1 commitment from the Top 25 players. Broderick Jones is looking to flip to auburn from what I'm hearing, it makes sense since auburn needs OL in the worst way. The talk about Kirby locking down the Peach state once he became HC is all smoke .

In the meantime, Alabama is reaping the benefits of this trend! (y)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

its becoming a trend under the Kirby era now. I understand you recruit the best players nation wide esp. if your a program like UGA, but this is really inexcusable to have this much talent in your state to only receive 1 commitment from the Top 25 players. Broderick Jones is looking to flip to auburn from what I'm hearing, it makes sense since auburn needs OL in the worst way. The talk about Kirby locking down the Peach state once he became HC is all smoke .

In the meantime, Alabama is reaping the benefits of this trend! (y)
That is a bit wild, GA is now like FL to where it's more talent than the main schools can handle BUT that is wild for them not to have more recruits out of their top 25.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Shoot ... uga only has 4 ... we have 3 lol.
I honestly thought this year and the previous year would be their best chance at a title ... right now it's going to be hard to see them winning any time soon.
If they change their offense and/or fire Coley, with Jake Fromm coming back and those new freshman receivers, they certainly have a good chance to win the East and play in the SEC championship and beyond. I hope they don't do what LSU did and change everything for the better. Bama has to play them in the regular season, 3rd game, plus maybe in the SEC championship if Bama makes it there.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
If they change their offense and/or fire Coley, with Jake Fromm coming back and those new freshman receivers, they certainly have a good chance to win the East and play in the SEC championship and beyond. I hope they don't do what LSU did and change everything for the better. Bama has to play them in the regular season, 3rd game, plus maybe in the SEC championship if Bama makes it there.
Here's hoping that doesn't happen

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
their fan base is too delusional to see the obvious. as long as their recruiting rankings are in the Top 3 or 5, they think he's doing just fine and they are " winning". all the while, Kirby continues to fall short once again.
year 5 will get very interesting for the dawg nation.
IF he doesn’t produce in year 5, the fire will get real hot........ some of the fan base are already comparing him to Richt

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I don't see them firing Coley...…………....as for changing it up, we shall see. Most fans I know don't see them changing much

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Georgia’s 2nd highest rated prospect , 5* offensive tackle has not signed a LOI. Broderick Jones was recruited hard by Auburn down the stretch, but Was expected to sign yesterday With Georgia. Being from Lithonia, Ga . its possible the dawgs loose another in state recruit .

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Kirby has addressed this perceived "issue" in the following manner... with success comes an expansion of name recognition and interest from High School players from around the country. Kirby's philosophy, like Saban's I might add, is to go after the best players at each position regardless of where they're located. If you have a position of need (ex. ILB) and the state of Georgia does not have a 5* available in that cycle, but an outstanding player from Texas or California is showing interest in your program, why not pursue them?

The question remains to be seen whether this philosophy hurts a program in the long run. It hasn't seemed to hurt Bama, because success has a way of attracting the best players. Win and they will come, as they say.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Kirby has addressed this perceived "issue" in the following manner... with success comes an expansion of name recognition and interest from High School players from around the country. Kirby's philosophy, like Saban's I might add, is to go after the best players at each position regardless of where they're located. If you have a position of need (ex. ILB) and the state of Georgia does not have a 5* available in that cycle, but an outstanding player from Texas or California is showing interest in your program, why not pursue them?

The question remains to be seen whether this philosophy hurts a program in the long run. It hasn't seemed to hurt Bama, because success has a way of attracting the best players. Win and they will come, as they say.
1 out of 25...😂

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.