Question: Georgia Dome Trip & Parking

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
I've got three question... :D

I have NEVER been to The Georgia Dome before. I graduated from Alabama in 2008 & I live in Tuscaloosa! I don't have a ticket to the game, but I REALLY want to go!

I plan on leaving Tuscaloosa @ 7:00 AM on Saturday morning so that I can get to Atlanta for ESPN GameDay, starts at 10:00 AM, and I would like to have some time to go to the Georgia Aquarium...

My 1st Question: Where do I park? :conf3:

I don't have ANY clue where to park my car! I thought about parking my car on the outskirts of the city and taking the MARTA into downtown Atlanta, that way I wouldn't have to worry about the traffic congestion...

Before I left for Atlanta I was going to go to MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority and just find the first station off of Interstate 20 coming from Tuscaloosa, park my car there and take the transit to downtown Atlanta...

My 2nd Question: Does anyone have any suggestion on the best way to get a ticket on the day of the game @ the Georgia Dome? :conf3:

I've never been to the Georgia Dome before and I have been told by a few people that you don't want to be walking around outside the Georgia Dome by yourself (at night) trying to get a ticket...

I don't have a ticket to the game, and if I can't find a ticket that's okay, b/c watching the game inside the dome would be a bonus, I'm going to Atlanta to see all of the pre-game festivities and I would also like to go to the Georgia Aquarium! I was planning on trying to buy a cheap ticket (nosebleed section) a few minutes before the game, or even buy a ticket after kick-off, BUT I'm not familiar with the scalping laws in Atlanta and I don't want to get arrested...

My 3rd Question: If I can't get a ticket to the game, where is the best place to watch the game on television; a place, sports bar, that is within walking distance from the Georgia Dome? :conf3:

Thanks Guys!

:BigA: Roll Tide Roll :BigA:

Last edited:

Slingin Bling

Oct 5, 2008
Slapout, AL
I went to the dome twice last year and tailgated both times. First off I come in the night before or leave earlier. It is going to take you 3 hours to get to the dome from Tuscaloosa and you are losing an hour. So you will get to Game Day about 11 am EST if you leave at 7 am CST. If you get to the dome early, like at at 8 or 9 am in the morning you can park by the dome. The dome is pretty safe in the immediate area. If you start walking away from the dome toward the rougher looking parts of town, then yes your safety is compromised. I am going to watch the game at my rv with some friends. If you want to come watch the game with us you can. You just need to bring a chair to sit in. I don't know how much you want to spend on tickets but last year we couldn't find any under $300 dollars. There were not a lot of tickets available. I have a friend in Montgomery that has two near halfway up near the 45 for $600. I politely declined. There are several sports bars/resturaunts that you can watch the game, but you have to get their early. They will fill up fast. Good luck and Roll Tide.

rammerjammerfan

Jul 15, 2009
I agree with the above on traffic and time getting to the Dome, however I live in Atlanta and would be remissed if I didn't tell you that the traffic will be worse than before with all the usual Saturday Atlanta traffic and the different roads being worked on.

If you don't have tickets to the game, many bama fans who live in Atlanta are hosting a game watching party @ Cheyenne Grill 2391 Peachtree Rd. You are more than welcome to come join!! Cheyenne Grille
2391 Peachtree Road

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.