News Article: Georgia football player Devin Willock, staff member Chandler LeCroy killed in car crash

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Unfortunately this reminds me of the auburn announcer and his wife. Just terrible, love em while you can, they may be suddenly gone, or you may be, for it is all unknown.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is gut wrenching and awful.

Side but related note: my cousin (a lifelong UGA fan) won two national championship rings as a trainer on the Troy State teams of 1984 and 1987. About 48 hours after the 1987 championship, 3 players on that team (all under 20 years old) ran up under a tractor trailer in a horrific rainstorm in Castleberry. Later the next summer, another player was killed outside of a bar when some guy had hit on his sister and he ran the guy off - who jumped and stabbed him when he came out. Four players gone in six months.

My cuz never talks about the second ring for that reason. I'm sure this has triggered some stuff with him, too.

RIP Devin Willock and Chandler LeCroy.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Bad things often happen at that time of the morning-single car accident. Tragic for both families of the deceased and hope for speedy recovery of the injured.
I’m asking because I don’t know: is it common for players and “staffers” to socialize like this? Is that how schools try to keep athletes out of trouble, by “pairing “ them up like this? “Staff member” is very generic, so I’m not at all sure what her specific duties were; players marrying cheerleaders is not unknown, but I guess I never thought about “staff members”. I do remember something the orange puke were doing, prior to JP (and maybe hints Freeze was doing the same thing) and I hope that’s not the case here.
Terrible tragedy for all involved; hoping alcohol wasn’t a factor, but reality indicates there’s a very good chance it is.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Bad things often happen at that time of the morning-single car accident. Tragic for both families of the deceased and hope for speedy recovery of the injured.
I’m asking because I don’t know: is it common for players and “staffers” to socialize like this? Is that how schools try to keep athletes out of trouble, by “pairing “ them up like this? “Staff member” is very generic, so I’m not at all sure what her specific duties were; players marrying cheerleaders is not unknown, but I guess I never thought about “staff members”. I do remember something the orange puke were doing, prior to JP (and maybe hints Freeze was doing the same thing) and I hope that’s not the case here.
Terrible tragedy for all involved; hoping alcohol wasn’t a factor, but reality indicates there’s a very good chance it is.
My first thought was she might have been giving them a ride home after too much celebrating. I would think that staffers and player's are discouraged from interacting outside of football. If she was working in a football capacity then UGA might be looking at some civil action against the Athletic Dept.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
My first thought was she might have been giving them a ride home after too much celebrating. I would think that staffers and player's are discouraged from interacting outside of football. If she was working in a football capacity then UGA might be looking at some civil action against the Athletic Dept.
I heard two males, two females, is that accurate?

Reactions: CB4

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The “ride home” part might be legit but looks like she was going pretty fast, from the crash scene.She hit a telephone pole and a tree. Two others in the car were identified as “staffers”.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I heard two males, two females, is that accurate?
That is correct. The two passengers that were injured are only identified in the reports I’ve read as “also members of the UGA program”. So that could me two staffers, or in my mind, possibly another player and an another staffer.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I think the reporter in the CNN link I posted said staffers, but I just heard what you mentioned- “members of the program”.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
An article I read said the other two were a football player and a female staffer who is 26 and is involved with recruiting.

Reactions: CB4

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.