Georgia gun shop owner, his wife and their 17-year-old grandson murdered in robbery: 40 weapons are stolen

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10702627/Police-Three-dead-shooting-Georgia-gun-range.html
  • The Grantville Police Department said via Facebook that the robbery occurred Friday evening
  • When officers arrived at the scene around 8 p.m., they discovered the bodies of the owner of Lock Stock & Barrel Shooting Range, his wife and their grandson
  • Thomas Hawk, 75; his wife, Evelyn, 75; and their grandson, Luke, 17, were all found dead
  • The Hawks had operated Lock Stock & Barrel for nearly 30 years. Their grandson was on spring break, helping his grandparents at the shop
  • There are no suspects as of early Saturday, and no arrests have been made
  • Investigators said that as many as 40 guns and the range's surveillance camera were also stolen
===============

Police Chief Steve Whitlock said the Hawk family was well-known and well-respected in their small, tight-knit community.
The Hawks had operated Lock Stock & Barrel for nearly 30 years. A sign out front proudly proclaims it 'American owned & operated.
Whitlock said investigators believe the robbery and shooting happened around 5:30 p.m. Friday, which is when the range normally closes.
He said Hawk's son, Richard, came by the business and was the person who found the victims.
===============

It's crimes like this that really test my opposition to the death penalty.....:mad:

• Sad
Reactions: crimsonaudio

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This happened about 30 minutes from my house. I‘ve never been to that range, but I have ran a few projects in Grantville, a very small community. It’s really sad, my heart goes out to the family.

When I moved to Carrollton 15 years ago, we rarely ever locked our front doors. The kids were always losing their keys , so we just kept everything unlocked, it made things easier. This time of year every window in The house would be open until mid May when the humidity forced us to use the AC . ( we have large hundred+ year old oak trees that provide shade and cool the air around the house) That was then. Now, although we haven’t seen an increase in crime in our immediate neighborhood, everything feels different and the neighborhood feels different. we lock our doors religiously, lock our cars in the driveway, and have 10 security cameras around the house. Within a 30-40 minute radius of my house there has been a double homicide , a triple homicide and now this triple homicide in the last few months.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: Bazza and seebell

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10702627/Police-Three-dead-shooting-Georgia-gun-range.html
  • The Grantville Police Department said via Facebook that the robbery occurred Friday evening
  • When officers arrived at the scene around 8 p.m., they discovered the bodies of the owner of Lock Stock & Barrel Shooting Range, his wife and their grandson
  • Thomas Hawk, 75; his wife, Evelyn, 75; and their grandson, Luke, 17, were all found dead
  • The Hawks had operated Lock Stock & Barrel for nearly 30 years. Their grandson was on spring break, helping his grandparents at the shop
  • There are no suspects as of early Saturday, and no arrests have been made
  • Investigators said that as many as 40 guns and the range's surveillance camera were also stolen
===============

===============

It's crimes like this that really test my opposition to the death penalty.....:mad:
If the killer is caught and convicted, I believe justice should be swift and fierce. The death penalty would be the only way for justice to be served. We need to make people afraid of the justice system again if they commit crimes like this.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If that was an indoor range, which it appears, then I imagine most if not all of the 40 guns stolen were hand guns. Most likely headed for sale on the streets. This is an example of why gun shop owners and range operators who maintain firearms on the premises are often personally armed, understandably so. Wouldn`t be surprised if more than one perpetrator was involved. Along with 40 guns they also acquired reservations for a special place in hell, as well.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Organized crime looking at soft "Mom and Pop" targets. We've got to stop giving these criminals free money. We've got to legalize all drugs and have them prescribed and regulated to get the cheap and deadly fentanyl off the streets. The Chinese are having their revenge over the Opium wars.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I have no doubt these scum bags will be apprehended. Just a matter of time.....
If they are locals then I would agree. The shooting range is only about 3 miles from I-85. So anyone could have done this and easily gotten away and could be from anywhere.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I have no doubt these scum bags will be apprehended. Just a matter of time.....
Hope you`re right, but if they`re not local, it may take those guns being used in the commission of other crimes ( I`d bet the farm that they will be ) and back traced. That could take quite a while.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If that was an indoor range, which it appears, then I imagine most if not all of the 40 guns stolen were hand guns. Most likely headed for sale on the streets. This is an example of why gun shop owners and range operators who maintain firearms on the premises are often personally armed, understandably so. Wouldn`t be surprised if more than one perpetrator was involved. Along with 40 guns they also acquired reservations for a special place in hell, as well.
It was an indoor handgun, outdoor rifle range. I’m sure the owner was armed, most are.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If the perpetrators of this crime are caught, it will be luck or a tip or one of the guns are traced back to the crime. The criminals took the DVR and the location is remote so there is little chance of a business camera or a residential ring camera catching them.

• Sad
Reactions: seebell and Toddrn

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Jacob Christian Muse of College Park, Ga. Accused of Malice Murder, the highest murder charge in Georgia. I’m not one to champion execution but It should be on the table in this case.

10C5372B-6149-4DDF-850B-50649866EFE3.jpeg
What’s up with the eyebrow raise, he kind of has a Charles Manson look going.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.