Georgia State coach says Abruun helped by questionable call from SEC referees

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Bobo and Harsin were supposed to be just what the doctor ordered for Nix to realise his Heisman potential.

Maybe we will see it this Saturday vs LSU. Or, on the other hand, will he even get the start?

• Haha
Reactions: bamagradinATL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My thought is Williams was hired for the same reason Cadillac Williams was retained and Bobo, Will Friend and Derek Mason were added to the staff: familiar with the SEC and Auburn’s traditional recruiting footprint. That initial staff was probably put together with recruiting first and coaching second.
The poor play by receivers in the last couple of games made Cornelius expendable with Harsin’s former OC sitting on the sidelines as an analyst.
This has nothing to do with anything but Will Friend's father was my fifth grade homeroom teacher in rural Mississippi in 1980.

That was my first experience with walking into a classroom with the lights out and a coach's film (on those old projectors) playing while he made notes.

Reactions: CB4

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
B1G officials are just as bad. I know that you guys think that SEC officials are the worst, PAC fans believe that their officials are the worst (they are probably right).
So the next time you hear "SEC! SEC!" at a football game, we are really just bragging that we have the worst officials...? :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The Arkansas game ending was bad last year and there was another game that slips my mind they got help in. Strange things go on at Allbarn.
It was Kentucky. Just before the half, Kentucky pretty clearly got the ball in the end zone, but was ruled short. Can’t remember if they kicked the FG, or came away with nothing.

Reactions: Windsortide

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I must have watched a different play because the ball clearly went through his hands and hit the ground, then he fell on it. It WAS egregious.
I'm still waiting for the screengrab of this really clear thing, and I say this unsarcastically. What I saw was anything but clear, it was more blurry than bigfoot photos. I really would like to see what I'm missing though... I clicked through the past few pages and didn't see the screengrab of this really clear shot I seem to be missing. Usually when a real obvious play is missed there's a shot people post to go look right there, see? But I haven't found that yet and I'm not sure it exists considering how incredibly blurry the footage was.

Had this been a bigger game may be there would have been the crystal clear replay I'm accustomed to, but what I saw was the replay version of the grainy gas station footage that shows a humanoid figure committing a crime. I couldn't clearly see anything because it wasn't clear footage.

Edit: I decided to post a grab of the video linked in this thread, it's incredibly blurry. I see what looks like a hand underneath it (dark contour which only shows up below the ball) but I can't say for sure what's what because there's no clarity at all. I'm not sure how anyone can say anything for sure looking at something that unclear.

Attachments

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For those of you that watch more football than me, is this something that could be an issue across all of D1, or is it just SEC officiating that's this bad?
The SEC refs are really bad. But officiating at the college level has gotten worse ever since offense started to rule the sport.

Reactions: uafanataum

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm still waiting for the screengrab of this really clear thing, and I say this unsarcastically. What I saw was anything but clear, it was more blurry than bigfoot photos. I really would like to see what I'm missing though... I clicked through the past few pages and didn't see the screengrab of this really clear shot I seem to be missing.
You do realize you arguing for Auburn on controversial call on an Alabama board… I think you should lower your expectations because I don’t think many are going to come to Auburn’s defense in a controversial call.

Had this been a bigger game may be there would have been the crystal clear replay I'm accustomed to, but what I saw was the replay version of the grainy gas station footage that shows a humanoid figure committing a crime.
The game was on SECN. So there are plenty of angles.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You do realize you arguing for Auburn on controversial call on an Alabama board… I think you should lower your expectations because I don’t think many are going to come to Auburn’s defense in a controversial call.

The game was on SECN. So there are plenty of angles.
Watch Funnymaine's video, he zooms in on it. Clearly shows the ball hit the ground, but Krazy has gone full moo. You never go full moo.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Watch Funnymaine's video, he zooms in on it. Clearly shows the ball hit the ground, but Krazy has gone full moo. You never go full moo.
Yeah it looks completely different in his video...

But to part later on, you still see the same dark contour underneath the ball. I don't see how anything this quality rises to the level of indisputable.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Smash Keyboard
Reactions: crimsonaudio

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

But to part later on, you still see the same dark contour underneath the ball. I don't see how anything this quality rises to the level of indisputable.
I still don’t know what play you’re looking at. His hands are in the front and the ball is clearly through his hands. They blew this call, plain and simple.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I still don’t know what play you’re looking at. His hands are in the front and the ball is clearly through his hands. They blew this call, plain and simple.
Exactly. Watching the video you can see the back half of the ball, the part closest to his waist, tilts and hits the ground. There’s absolutely no control over that football that wasn’t obtained by him trapping it with the ground.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Honestly I haven’t gone through an in-depth look at it because I’m just appalled at the SEC refs and it’s more fun to spend my time laughing at overrated coaches like Karen and venables. I really didn’t want to be mad at the same time as watching Dabo cry. But my gut feeling at the time was that the call was going to stand because it was close and the SEC refs weren’t going to let Auburn lose that game.

But I’m telling you that you aren’t going to convince anyone on here that his wrist was under the ball. Nor are you going to convince others to do the work for you to prove that the call was right.

Reactions: KrAzY3

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
But I’m telling you that you aren’t going to convince anyone on here that his wrist was under the ball. Nor are you going to convince others to do the work for you to prove that the call was right.
I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just stating the truth as I understand it. I am fallible, I can be wrong, but I see what I see.. Interestingly enough the thumbnail I posted makes it look even more like there's a hand underneath the ball at that size, there is blue shading underneath the ball that extends almost to his waist. I watched three angles and I don't see any indisputable evidence said hand isn't there. Others obviously have a different definition of things like "clear" and "indisputable" and that's their right.

I get it though, I don't care as much about Auburn as some people do. I also get that I'm the guy on the jury that would be talking about beyond a reasonable doubt and make everyone stay there instead of going home as I insist that that wasn't proven. To me indisputable, and beyond a reasonable doubt, and even things like "clearly" rise to the level of I'd stake a loved ones life on it. Not, I'm pretty sure and I believe it happened. It might not have been a catch. I'm a skeptic though, I think proof needs to be rock solid and I'm not seeing that. I'd be dishonest if I said otherwise. I know I ruffle feathers when I dig in my heels but that's not my intention.

Edit: I might as well add my position is not that the ball did not touch the ground. To quote: "If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball, even if it touches the ground, will not be considered loss of possession." We could have a whole another discussion about what constitutes a catch and this might be where a lot of the disagreement lies. My position isn't even that it was a catch. I just don't see the indisputable evidence to say he lost possession of it which is required to overturn a call on the field.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.