Georgia’s perspective on SECCG

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It’s deeper than that. CNS and CKS understand that JM will likely win back to back SEC Championships and back to back National Championships. Possibly a Heisman.

What does that make Georgia? The modern day Clemson!
I think the dogs suffer from cream puff syndrome. Next year, when they get socked in the mouth a few times during the regular season, they will either step up or wither. They have the personnel. Time will tell if bowl cut can coach em up like we just saw the GOAT do but one thing is for sure...they ain't clempson...yet.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
I disagree. I watched the game again last night and the offense was too predictable every possession with a 10 point lead. When you were trailing or they got within a score, you opened it up and went through them like they weren't there. That is not smart play calling. That is playing not to lose. I didn't care for it.
I like JessN's analysis, wherein he says "OC Tommy Rees absolutely defined the concept of taking what the defense gave." Georgia's defense was only a bit less suffocating than it was last year but the struggled more against the run. Bama practically ran the ball down Kirby's throat, especially in the second half and ran it at will on the last possession of the game. I have never seen so many UGA defenders ending plays on their backs. Rees succeeded in running clock, moving the chains and keeping Beck & Co. on the other sideline.

You can't lose if the other team can't score and they can't score when they don't have the ball.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I disagree. I watched the game again last night and the offense was too predictable every possession with a 10 point lead. When you were trailing or they got within a score, you opened it up and went through them like they weren't there. That is not smart play calling. That is playing not to lose. I didn't care for it.
Listening to Cublic this morning discussing Rees, Milroe and play calling he said basically that the coaches said that Milroe was still not fully capable with his reads. Obviously he doesn't quite know where to go with the ball. My knowledge is not good here but it does seem to limit play calling. We all hope some of that can be improved prior to Michigan but if it comes down to Texas we will see a QB who can make the reads and get a catch

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I loved the throws to the back out of the backfield, one which went for a score. That's something we haven't done because Milroe never gets through his reads to that point. Ergo, those were called plays not reads - look right, then dump it off to the RB. Great calls because UGA was ignoring the back in the flats.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
ive seen so many reviews of catches like this and every single time except for this one, the announcers point out that the ball can move, you just can’t lose control.

they were extremely unprofessional on their treatment of this play
As much as Danielson likes to latch onto something during the game, and considering how much he latched onto the "controversial" catch the rest of the way. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if in his first broadcast next season of the Big 10 games his opening comments during Iowa and Penn St are "and let's go back to that questionable catch by Bond that never was reviewed..." as Nessler is just staring at him

Big Bama1966

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 11, 2023
Kirby is lucky they didn't have at least 3 passes picked off instead of just losing one fumble.
This is dead on accurate. If we made the plays on defense we could of easily beat them by three TD. They got lucky to even stay within two scores. kirby can say what he wants they gifted nothing and we earned every point. Cry some more kirby it is just the beginning of the end especially when your SOS starts to load up with texas and okla coming next year.
Their SOS made them look like world beaters and our team seemed to be in a war every week. When those two met on the field they were not ready for a battle tested and getting stronger every week Bama.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
This is dead on accurate. If we made the plays on defense we could of easily beat them by three TD. They got lucky to even stay within two scores. kirby can say what he wants they gifted nothing and we earned every point. Cry some more kirby it is just the beginning of the end especially when your SOS starts to load up with texas and okla coming next year.
Their SOS made them look like world beaters and our team seemed to be in a war every week. When those two met on the field they were not ready for a battle tested and getting stronger every week Bama.
There are "gifted" points probably in almost every game. Teams that wins usually "gifts" less points than the other team or are capable thru talent and/or coaching to overcome "gifts"

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
ive seen so many reviews of catches like this and every single time except for this one, the announcers point out that the ball can move, you just can’t lose control.

they were extremely unprofessional on their treatment of this play
And it goes back to the uncalled face mask against the barn. They railed and whined and carried on forever...for a flag that would have made it offsetting penalties. That ain't their job and seemed very unprofessional imo

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Think so also B1G. I understand shortening the game ,but It has cost us before. If Milroe hadn't of got a great bounce on the fumble at the end it could of ended bad.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
This is dead on accurate. If we made the plays on defense we could of easily beat them by three TD. They got lucky to even stay within two scores.
There are "gifted" points probably in almost every game. Teams that wins usually "gifts" less points than the other team or are capable thru talent and/or coaching to overcome "gifts"
Watched the SECCG again today, and Georgia had several almost-interceptions as well. Both offenses were fortunate in that regard.

Reactions: Rkharley98

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
hilarious that he would say that.
Kinda disappointed in Coach Smart for throwing that kid under the bus like that.
I'm hoping that freshman linebacker hits the transfer portal and pulls a Burton, come on down sir. :giggle:
Maybe Kevin Steele can teach him how to properly cover a wheel route. That linebacker was a super solid recruit and we could always use those weapons.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan and UAH

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
This is precisely why I don't like the "two receivers was hurt" excuse from us.
While I agree, I also disagree. We beat UGA if we had just one of those guys on the field, a blowout if both were healthy enough to play. It was satisfying, almost in a karma way to see McConkley or whatever his name is hobbling around, now they really know what it's like.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss and Con

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Precisely why I watched with no volume…it was game changing. Legit, my frustration meter was sooo much lower, even in such an intense game, just by blocking those clowns out…y’all need to try it!!!
I'm not sure if Hulu still does this as I can't afford the live TV package from them any longer, but they used to offer an ESPN "Skycam" option for the big college games, there were no announcers, just the on field noises. You could hear the players talking to each other, all the on field in-between commercial stuff. That was my favorite way to watch the games. It was so nuanced and relaxing for tense games.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'm not sure if Hulu still does this as I can't afford the live TV package from them any longer, but they used to offer an ESPN "Skycam" option for the big college games, there were no announcers, just the on field noises. You could hear the players talking to each other, all the on field in-between commercial stuff. That was my favorite way to watch the games. It was so nuanced and relaxing for tense games.
That would be fantastic…

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
While I agree, I also disagree. We beat UGA if we had just one of those guys on the field, a blowout if both were healthy enough to play. It was satisfying, almost in a karma way to see McConkley or whatever his name is hobbling around, now they really know what it's like.
It is also slightly different in that it really isn’t a total “what if” projection. We quite literally saw the results 2 games prior and we beat them by 3 scores. It’s not just mere guessing.

Don’t get me wrong, UGA won that title, we didn’t have the team depth to pull out the W and that’s on us. But the “coulda been” was tantalisingly close and much more concrete than UGA today getting all huffy that they could have won if two of their receivers who DID play were 100% in a game that Alabama controlled continuously from midway through the 1st quarter.

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023
We really won that game by 10. UGA’s last TD turned out to be cosmetic. They got as close as they will ever get to a 3 peat, Ill give them this. They got a tad…just a tad closer than we did in 2013, as their attempt at the 3rd title in a row was halted in the SECCG while ours ended….ya know…that last game in the regular season that year. 🤮 But….at least they didn’t get it. Thank goodness. As if that fan base was not insufferable enough already. Imagine if they had pulled the elusive 3 peat 🤮

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads