German Football Leagues

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Vincent Vega also shot Marvin in the face because he didn't have good trigger discipline and almost killed his boss' wife. I wouldn't take advice from him.
To each his own, man. Sometimes, I go to Burger King. You know what you are going to get and it is a little taste of home.
When I took my son to Paris a while back, all he wanted was a Royale with Cheese and a beer (My son is a big fan of Tarantino). One place had a Royale with cheese but no beer. The other had a beer but no royale with cheese. Finally, just before we got on the train to come home, he found one that had both. Satisfaction.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
To each his own, man. Sometimes, I go to Burger King. You know what you are going to get and it is a little taste of home.
When I took my son to Paris a while back, all he wanted was a Royale with Cheese and a beer (My son is a big fan of Tarantino). One place had a Royale with cheese but no beer. The other had a beer but no royale with cheese. Finally, just before we got on the train to come home, he found one that had both. Satisfaction.
Exactly; and yet EVEN HE didn't go to Burger King when he was in Europe ;)
Don't know why anyone would go to Europe and eat American fastfood.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Don't know why anyone would go to Europe and eat American fastfood.
Well, to each his own. I did not "go" to Europe, I live in Europe, so I can get good food any time I want. And Belgium has a lot of great restaurants that do not cost much at all. (They do not do Tex-mex though)
Sometime, though, you just want a cheeseburger.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well, to each his own. I did not "go" to Europe, I live in Europe, so I can get good food any time I want. And Belgium has a lot of great restaurants that do not cost much at all. (They do not do Tex-mex though)
Sometime, though, you just want a cheeseburger.
There has to be some other place that has cheeseburgers in Europe.

I guess living there would be different than visiting. I know once I got back that was the first thing I wanted, and I did not go to BK or McD. I believe I went to Cheeseburger Bobby in Cumming. I did meet a few people that found a restaurant in Rome, Italy that had burgers. I didn't go.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
There has to be some other place that has cheeseburgers in Europe.

I guess living there would be different than visiting. I know once I got back that was the first thing I wanted, and I did not go to BK or McD. I believe I went to Cheeseburger Bobby in Cumming. I did meet a few people that found a restaurant in Rome, Italy that had burgers. I didn't go.
Why did you go to Cheeseburger Bobby when you got home? Because it was familiar. But yeah, in Italy, I would not go to an American fast food burger place. I mean, you're in Italy for Pete's sake.
The thing that confuses me is why GIs in Belgium would drink Budweiser beer. In Belgium. I guess it is the same thing. It is familiar to them, in a country where so much is foreign.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Why did you go to Cheeseburger Bobby when you got home? Because it was familiar. But yeah, in Italy, I would not go to an American fast food burger place. I mean, you're in Italy for Pete's sake.
The thing that confuses me is why GIs in Belgium would drink Budweiser beer. In Belgium. I guess it is the same thing. It is familiar to them, in a country where so much is foreign.
Actually I had never been to Cheeseburger Bobby until that very day.

Budweiser? Why not just drink water?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
That's helpful. I've been through there only once, but it was in a different era, pre-9/11. It wasn't bad back then. Every time I go to visit my daughter in France, it comes up as a main connector, along with Schiphol, CDG and Munich. I've always chosen Schiphol, just because of familiarity. You've persuaded me to cross off Frankfurt...
My understanding is that they built is piece by piece, so basically added a gate here, a gate there. Up until 9/11 I'm sure they let anyone go up to gates so that part of it wasn't a big deal. Then it became a web of security checkpoints, I think you've done well to avoid it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.