Golf

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Since everyone likes to tell people what they don't watch, I will say I find golf colossally boring. You guys can enjoy the equivalent of grass growing but I will pass.

Reactions: Padreruf

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
haha...caddie could have said "know thyself."

Of course, you lay up there and then lay the sod over your third and you'll probably feel worse than hitting it in the water on the second.

I think I would have *tried* to lay up and birdie conventionally because I'm better with my wedges than woods off the ground.

I'd sure like to give it a try.
Because it's downhill, you're basically hitting with a one iron club pitch and trying to make it stop.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
haha...caddie could have said "know thyself."

Of course, you lay up there and then lay the sod over your third and you'll probably feel worse than hitting it in the water on the second.

I think I would have *tried* to lay up and birdie conventionally because I'm better with my wedges than woods off the ground.

I'd sure like to give it a try.
With my fairway wood game, I would lay up as well...I try to turn every par 5 into a 100 yard par 3. Works much better for me.

Reactions: TexasBama

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Since everyone likes to tell people what they don't watch, I will say I find golf colossally boring. You guys can enjoy the equivalent of grass growing but I will pass.
I feel the same way about bowling...LOL. Golf really requires one to play it to understand it. But I can appreciate your feelings...thanks for sharing.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I feel the same way about bowling...LOL. Golf really requires one to play it to understand it. But I can appreciate your feelings...thanks for sharing.
I can understand playing it, it is watching someone else play it is where you lose me. I have played twice in my life. I was really sore the next day, so Ii can appreciate the difficulty involved. I did find out I am a better lefty golfer than right.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
I can understand playing it, it is watching someone else play it is where you lose me. I have played twice in my life. I was really sore the next day, so Ii can appreciate the difficulty involved. I did find out I am a better lefty golfer than right.
If you've only played 2x, then you've just barely scratched the surface. It is the most cerebral challenge I have ever seen on an athletic field. I once taught tennis and it is nothing compared to golf. Every tennis court looks the same...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Because it's downhill, you're basically hitting with a one iron club pitch and trying to make it stop.
Right, I understand it's a hard shot and have seen pros hit it in the water, but I know my game enough to know I can hit a short iron off a severe downhill lie better than a 3 wood from 250 off a level lie.

Reactions: TexasBama

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
1st Round about in the books...DJ now tied for the lead. McElroy and Spieth continue their slumps...the course was defenseless and they could not break par. Remember what Jack Nicklaus says, "The Master's does not begin until the back 9 on Sunday!"

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If y'all really love the Masters be sure and download their app. You can watch every shot of your favorite player no matter if the ESPN/CBS coverage is on or not. It's a great app.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Played Chechessee Creek Golf Club yesterday...a bucket list, ultra private club near Bluffton/Hilton Head. Strictly a golf club...great Crenshaw and Coore course...fits into the landscape very well...like it was always there. A bit pricy, but if you are coming to the Lowcountry and can get on, it is worth it.

What "great courses" have you played that I/we need to know about?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Played Chechessee Creek Golf Club yesterday...a bucket list, ultra private club near Bluffton/Hilton Head. Strictly a golf club...great Crenshaw and Coore course...fits into the landscape very well...like it was always there. A bit pricy, but if you are coming to the Lowcountry and can get on, it is worth it.

What "great courses" have you played that I/we need to know about?
I played Bethpage Black a lifetime ago. Amazing course, but I lost about 5 balls in a single round. :ROFLMAO:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Interestingly enough there are some really "great" courses in Alabama...most are private but the Robert Trent Jones golf trail courses are, on the whole, outstanding. I've played the ones in Birmingham, Montgomery, and Auburn and enjoyed them all. If you get a chance to play Birmingham Country Club West course or Shoal Creek, take it. They are considered good to borderline great courses. My favorite course on the coast is Kiva Dunes...a challenge all the way around.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
The 2021 Masters will be considered a transformational event in 20 years. While Asian players dominate the LPGA tour, they do not dominate the PGA. That could be changing as they are working harder and harder. Thanks to Tiger Woods golf has leaped out of the country clubs and moved around the world...better and better athletes are coming to golf as their primary sport.

Hideki Matsuyama is a proven great player and he will continue to win. Andy North said that this win could be worth 1 billion (that's right, a Billion) to him over his lifetime. That's about ten times what it means to the average US/European golfer in life-time endorsements, etc.

• Wow
Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.