Good Article On Oats' Relationship With Saban

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Good article in today's Birmingham News on Nate Oats' relationship with Saban. Sorry, I can't link yet because it's behind a paywall.

Essentially, it says that Oats followed Saban for a long time, and has incorporated a lot of Saban's maxims and methods into his program. So for those of us who thought we heard a lot of Sabanesque words coming from Oats, it looks like there was a good reason for that.

I wouldn't say that Oats and Saban are truly friends, but Saban expresses admiration for Oats doing a good job working through a roster depleted of both talent (the forwards) and cultural leaders (Herb Jones). Guess they both know something about what injuries can do.

Article is by Mike Rodak, on al.com, and should be out from behind the paywall later today or tomorrow.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Great article. I came over to see if anyone had posted it. I think Oats is going to do really well at Bama. He just needs a couple of years to get the recruits he needs to run his system.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Great article. I came over to see if anyone had posted it. I think Oats is going to do really well at Bama. He just needs a couple of years to get the recruits he needs to run his system.
Amen to that! Actually, I think Oats has already made a major impact at the Capstone. Were it not for injuries we'd be solidly in the tourney, no question. We still have a lot of hoops to shoot so not giving up on this season but I firmly believe, with a full roster, we are going to be a force to contend with in the SEC on an annual basis.

Reactions: mlh

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.