News Article: Good luck dealing with a pandemic, depending on this administration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wouldn’t be shocked by similar here if full scale lockdowns are announced again.

hell, we didn't have anything approaching a full lockdown this spring and folks were losing their damned minds

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
hell, we didn't have anything approaching a full lockdown this spring and folks were losing their damned minds
True. In France, my daughter and husband had to download (or write out) an "attestation," showing the reason for being out. Only one family member at a time was allowed out on business (a very short list permitted) or within one kilometer for exercise, again just one family member at a time. Since they are one of the very few with internet access in their little village of 85 or so, they printed out attestations for many of the older residents. It was strictly enforced by police with fines and/or imprisonment for repeat offenders. Americans don't know what "lockdown" is...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
this is spot on

In my experience... Germany isn’t a bad place to live. Might have to consider it if November sucks as much as the rest of the year under Sir Bone Spurs.

A leader leads.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
In my experience... Germany isn’t a bad place to live. Might have to consider it if November sucks as much as the rest of the year under Sir Bone Spurs.

A leader leads.
This weekend we watched the Austrian Gran Prix which was held without fans in attendance. Strict face mask requirements were in place for every one in attendance and distance rules were observed for reporters conducting interviews before and after the event. In the reporting after the event from the UK it is clear that Europe in general is returning to a new normal, including returning to the classroom, with disciplines in place to maintain contagion to a minimum through testing and practically 100% adherence to masks. Needless to say the US and Brazil compare very unfavorably to Europe.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

A leader leads.
I have a nephew that was in Munich for the last couple of years and has since moved to Zurich to finish university. He went in Highschool for his senior year and never returned. He was able to trace back one of my great grandfathers to his village in Italy and that made him able to get his Italian passport/EU Citizenship. I am about to follow his path and do the same for me and my family. No plan to move but nice to have in case (if we get allowed back into the EU at some point). I've already been looking inside my company for roles in Ireland.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

A leader leads.
Visited parts of Germany on a Viking Danube/Main/Rhine cruise last year...loved it. Totally different society though...much more regulated. To get a license to kill a deer takes 1-2 years and a couple thousand dollars. Clean, great schools and impressive automobile manufacturers. Churches are museums more than anything else...good beer.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Montgomery city council passed theirs this time around as well.
We are supposed to hear this week about Mobile County Schools plan. So far, we think they'll be opening August 10th. We don't know yet home many days a week or if masks will be mandatory.
It would make sense that with a city ordinance they would be mandatory.

I'm not buying school clothes, or making more masks, until we find out. Knowing our school, they would have to be in school colors only.
I spoke to one of my kids teachers this morning - they don't know any more than we do - which isn't much.

In that vein, I suppose they don't have much of a choice but to open, or we won't have funding for many programs. Our schools have 100% federal grants for breakfast & lunch for all the public school kids. They can't afford to lose the money.

Reactions: Padreruf

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We are supposed to hear this week about Mobile County Schools plan. So far, we think they'll be opening August 10th. We don't know yet home many days a week or if masks will be mandatory.
It would make sense that with a city ordinance they would be mandatory.

I'm not buying school clothes, or making more masks, until we find out. Knowing our school, they would have to be in school colors only.
I spoke to one of my kids teachers this morning - they don't know any more than we do - which isn't much.

In that vein, I suppose they don't have much of a choice but to open, or we won't have funding for many programs. Our schools have 100% federal grants for breakfast & lunch for all the public school kids. They can't afford to lose the money.
he won't cut off the federal funding. this is his moronic ass trying to "make a deal"

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and UAH
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.