News Article: Good luck dealing with a pandemic, depending on this administration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ah yes, the good old "guilt" strategy. It works I suppose or they wouldn't keep doing it. Who hasn't gotten that charity mailer with return address labels with your name and address printed on them. Look, they went to all that trouble to send me some return labels, I would be a terrible person if I didn't send them a few dollars.
yes, it's the same concept, but they are not selling anything.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
If Jacksonville does not bail on the GOP convention then they will be the next Florida "hotspot". Every day I think some of these people will finally get the message and mask up, but
that is not going to happen. SMH, again.
I would be more concerned with the spread nationwide from those trumphumpers infected at the convention taking it back home.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Finally!

This does nothing to absolve Trump for his failures in handling this pandemic, but I'm willing to give him credit for FINALLY doing the right thing here.

(was an image of Trump finally wearing a mask in public)
So much for all the talk on this board in march that the Southern heat would kill the virus
And when 'herd immunity' is shot down, some folks will start to realize exactly what we're dealing with here.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Finally!

This does nothing to absolve Trump for his failures in handling this pandemic, but I'm willing to give him credit for FINALLY doing the right thing here.

View attachment 9356

And when 'herd immunity' is shot down, some folks will start to realize exactly what we're dealing with here.
Dead link there.

I'm certain someone told him that giving someone there covid would be bad optics. I'm glad he finally did the right thing but I'll only give him credit if he does it consistently and encourages others to do the same and apologizes for his past actions that have caused many to forego basic precautions and die or cause others to die. IOW, he'll never get credit from me because he won't do any of that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Finally!

View attachment 9356

I fear it will just be another faulty rationale used. I literally heard a friend of mine say that this all will be over after the election because this is nothing but a political virus. He said whether the Democrats win or lose doesn't matter because after the election they will focus on the economy and not this political hoax. Im still hearing folks claim hydroxicloriquine is a cure. Really its a divide between if you believe scientific data or talking heads on the news. And by talking heads on the news Im not just talking about Fox (although they are by far the worst of them) Im also talking about CNN and MSNBC. Sadly Americans believe what they want to believe, and wont believe real data.

I keep trying to remind folks that Rome, Berlin, Paris, and London have only been all been shut down 3 times at the same time from 1900-2020. So the idea that this is a hoax is beyond stupid and short sighted.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
  • Thank You
Reactions: seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Since this is on a political network I think this the appropriate board instead of putting it on @crimsonaudio D-day thread.

"People stormed Normandy," the Hall of Famer told host Laura Ingraham during an appearance on Fox News' "Ingraham Angle" this week. "They knew there was going to be casualties, they knew there was gonna be risk. ... It's our way of living, look at it from both points of view. The risk is always there. But you cannot just look at it from one side. President Donald Trump greets former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz at a campaign rally at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Ind.

Lou Holtz compares starting college football to the US storming Normandy

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Since this is on a political network I think this the appropriate board instead of putting it on @crimsonaudio D-day thread.

"People stormed Normandy," the Hall of Famer told host Laura Ingraham during an appearance on Fox News' "Ingraham Angle" this week. "They knew there was going to be casualties, they knew there was gonna be risk. ... It's our way of living, look at it from both points of view. The risk is always there. But you cannot just look at it from one side. President Donald Trump greets former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz at a campaign rally at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Ind.

Sadly, this probably isn't the dumbest thing Lou has ever said. Top 5 maybe.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

That is so "Holtzian"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.