News Article: Good luck dealing with a pandemic, depending on this administration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The only reason we have rules, laws, warning labels, etc. is because of idiots.
I remember going to a bar once in Omaha and saw five whole panels of rules. One said " No chewing on the tables" and another said " No spray painting the Dance Floor". I asked and the bartender said "Its there because some moron did it before".

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The numbers down in FL are crazy. They are reporting a 9+ day delay on getting testing results back. So todays actual numbers we won’t get to see for a while. I guess my Sept beach vacation isn’t happening anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: MobtownK

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The numbers down in FL are crazy. They are reporting a 9+ day delay on getting testing results back. So todays actual numbers we won’t get to see for a while. I guess my Sept beach vacation isn’t happening anymore.
Over 15k new cases reported today in FL on WorldoMeter. That is thousands higher than the worst day that NY experienced.

Add the fat that there are daily COVID parties at Universal Studios and Disney World and I honestly can't see anything but horror in store for people there.

I have family who have been in FL since this broke out who are on their way up to NJ now. They felt safer there for a few months - no longer. They will have to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks when they arrive, but they said that they have been doing that there anyway because of the outbreak there.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
She's right. The article is correct. It's not what anyone is going to do though. And kids, teachers, will die.
I order shirts for my daughter, with the full knowledge that I can mail them back. If not, its only $20.
I am leaning towards not sending them at all. As much as they need people, I need them to stay safe more.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I lived in Nassau Bay for a couple of years growing up and the heat and humidity there are incredible. There's a concern that it might drive people inside into a more contagious environment.
NASA parent?

It's more humid in Nassau Bay than where I'm at, maybe 20 miles as the crow flies. I lived in the area for 11 years, and you just wear the humidity.

Reactions: PaulD

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

but it's a v-shaped economic recovery

Reactions: Jon

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Andrea DonAlexis
Yesterday at 7:52 AM ·

Last night I had to accept an ICU patient in transfer to an ER bed, because we had -2 ICU beds already. That means there were already 2 critically ill patients who should have been in the ICU instead of a holding pattern in the ER. Our ER nurses and our ICU nurses are all awesome, but they’re not interchangeable. You wouldn’t want a hand surgeon performing your breast augmentation, right? So likewise you don’t really want an ER nurse doing long term care for an ICU patient. Why did this happen? From what I was told, at that time there were NO available ICU beds in Birmingham, so the best this guy could do was a little ER room.
No available ICU beds in Birmingham. Think about that. Even if you’re following all the guidelines and manage to avoid getting COVID, you could still be totally screwed if you need an ICU bed for any other reason. We’re also having big problems getting people into psychiatric units and nursing homes because they all need a negative COVID test first, so they lay around in medical beds for 4-5 days waiting for their test results so they can go to the place they actually belong. And to make it even crappier, all area hospitals are having big staffing shortages. Nurses and other workers are getting sick and/or worked to the breaking point.
Think long and hard about why we’re in a worse place now than we were four months ago. Then think about how you can change those things. If you can avoid going to bars, beaches, parties, and restaurants, do it. If you can wear a mask in public, do it, even if you don’t want to and it offends your political sensibilities or masculinity. If you can be politically active so that our do-nothing politicians feel the heat and actually start mustering the resources of our state and federal governments to make the situation better, do it. The reason government exists is to tackle problems that are too big for us to solve as individuals or groups of citizens. This pandemic is one of those things.
We left it up to individuals and we’re failing miserably. How much longer do you want to suffer and live in fear and denial? We need more testing, faster testing, contact tracing, global masking, PPE, and hazard pay. We need to close the places the virus is being spread in again. We’re already on fire y’all.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Andrea DonAlexis
Yesterday at 7:52 AM ·

Last night I had to accept an ICU patient in transfer to an ER bed, because we had -2 ICU beds already. That means there were already 2 critically ill patients who should have been in the ICU instead of a holding pattern in the ER. Our ER nurses and our ICU nurses are all awesome, but they’re not interchangeable. You wouldn’t want a hand surgeon performing your breast augmentation, right? So likewise you don’t really want an ER nurse doing long term care for an ICU patient. Why did this happen? From what I was told, at that time there were NO available ICU beds in Birmingham, so the best this guy could do was a little ER room.
No available ICU beds in Birmingham. Think about that. Even if you’re following all the guidelines and manage to avoid getting COVID, you could still be totally screwed if you need an ICU bed for any other reason. We’re also having big problems getting people into psychiatric units and nursing homes because they all need a negative COVID test first, so they lay around in medical beds for 4-5 days waiting for their test results so they can go to the place they actually belong. And to make it even crappier, all area hospitals are having big staffing shortages. Nurses and other workers are getting sick and/or worked to the breaking point.
Think long and hard about why we’re in a worse place now than we were four months ago. Then think about how you can change those things. If you can avoid going to bars, beaches, parties, and restaurants, do it. If you can wear a mask in public, do it, even if you don’t want to and it offends your political sensibilities or masculinity. If you can be politically active so that our do-nothing politicians feel the heat and actually start mustering the resources of our state and federal governments to make the situation better, do it. The reason government exists is to tackle problems that are too big for us to solve as individuals or groups of citizens. This pandemic is one of those things.
We left it up to individuals and we’re failing miserably. How much longer do you want to suffer and live in fear and denial? We need more testing, faster testing, contact tracing, global masking, PPE, and hazard pay. We need to close the places the virus is being spread in again. We’re already on fire y’all.
where in Alabama is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.