News Article: Good luck dealing with a pandemic, depending on this administration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Quote:
“My wife is pretty furious. We’re trying to take care of my mother who had knee surgery and also has multiple sclerosis, which is an autoimmune disease. I don’t want to bring it home and get her infected,” the worker tells Business Insider. “I used to love working for this company, but since this pandemic, I’ve seen how callous and irresponsible it has been.”

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Reactions: UAH and Bamaro

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
People trying to evade and avoid responsibility for Trump do not understand the effect of his dilatory response on exponential growth. It's real and he will have personally caused thousands of deaths before it's all over...
Several governors --AL and FL, at least--have stated that they have not instituted tighter restrictions, such as shelter in place, or closing the damned beaches, specifically because Trump has not told them to do so.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
That sounds about right considering nearly 60% of Americans do not have $1,000 in savings. Life changes rapidly with virtually no safety net of your own.
Even with savings, and cutting costs, how many of us could last 3 months with no or reduced income. 4 - 6 months? Then try finding a job among the other millions of people. It's already stark - but it has the potential to be much worse.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
More random locals rule filling the leadership vacuum at the state and federal level. I guess good news I can still walk the dog and go for a run in the neighborhood.

i'm going to draft my papers of passage on company letterhead tomorrow i guess

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
Even with savings, and cutting costs, how many of us could last 3 months with no or reduced income. 4 - 6 months? Then try finding a job among the other millions of people. It's already stark - but it has the potential to be much worse.
Agreed. Many people will burn through their savings rapidly and the prospect of finding new, work from home or essential employment is not bright. That $2.2T in debt that was added is simply the beginning.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
That sounds about right considering nearly 60% of Americans do not have $1,000 in savings. Life changes rapidly with virtually no safety net of your own.
Agreed. Many people will burn through their savings rapidly and the prospect of finding new, work from home or essential employment is not bright. That $2.2T in debt that was added is simply the beginning.
We shouldn’t worry too much. All these huge corporations that don’t have to save for a rainy day themselves will surely trickle down some of their bailouts to help everyone out.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I do, but all the hip young folks are calling everyone over 50 boomers now so figured the joke would workout ok even if not totally accurate, lol. My father is one of those fairly early boomers in the late 40s.
Then they're not very hip, are they? No, there aren't very many of us and most of us don't like being lumped in with boomers. Sometimes a decade or so makes a difference...

Reactions: B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.