News Article: Good luck dealing with a pandemic, depending on this administration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The CEO of Huntsville Hospital was on CNN this afternoon, saying they will have onsite testing by next week. That's a game-changer. So far, my nephew, who works there, is only having his temperature checked on entry...
My granddaughter is an RN there and will be heading back from vacation next week to work in the Covid-19 unit with some improvised PPE. My daughter and I shared emotions on the phone yesterday and contemplated just how willfully unprepared this nation is for this. It forces health care workers into making potential life or death decisions just to report for work.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Kimberly Clark is based here in Atlanta. I have some friends there, their production facilities are working 24/7, producing at record levels, if people would stop hoarding there would be plenty

I live in Cherokee county and I haven't seen any in a store for at least a month. I was in Tuscaloosa a couple of weeks ago visiting my mom and on the way back I stopped in Anniston to get gas and I saw an ALDI sign. We were down to the last couple of rolls so I went there and lo and behold they had a few packs. I'm good for at least another month.

Reactions: UAH

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I live in Cherokee county and I haven't seen any in a store for at least a month. I was in Tuscaloosa a couple of weeks ago visiting my mom and on the way back I stopped in Anniston to get gas and I saw an ALDI sign. We were down to the last couple of rolls so I went there and lo and behold they had a few packs. I'm good for at least another month.
Alpharetta on the Cherokee side of town here and I hear the Kroger on Arnold Mill had some Tuesday. I started taking this seriously in late January, thanks to this thread and just bought a pack every time I went shopping. I am still well stocked without ever hoarding

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Early corn will be in season in May so you are good to go! ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
My wife has to go in for cancer chemo treatments every other week. I really hate for her to go out with a compromised immune system but she needs the treatments. I'm not even going into the grocery store anymore. Kroger has a "click list" service where you place your order on line and set a time to pickup. They bring the order out to your vehicle and the employees are wearing masks and rubber gloves. It's a precaution to not get infected and bring it home to her. We're retired so we don't have any work issues. For our mental health, we don't watch trump's press shows everyday!
PM'd you.

• Thank You
Reactions: gtowntide

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
My granddaughter is an RN there and will be heading back from vacation next week to work in the Covid-19 unit with some improvised PPE. My daughter and I shared emotions on the phone yesterday and contemplated just how willfully unprepared this nation is for this. It forces health care workers into making potential life or death decisions just to report for work.
Well if the FDA would get out of the freaking way and approve KN95's that would be helpful. Yeah they may not have the same manufacturing standards of N95's, but they have to be better than surgical masks.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’ve never understood the toilet paper crisis for this particular disease since it’s a respiratory one. Ebola I could understand, even though you would be in the hospital 90% of your ordeal with that one.

But then again everyone stocks up on tp, bread, and milk every tropical storm. Panic buying is a sight to see, but it’s beyond irritating.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I have a feeling we will see similar when people try to get our economy to run before it’s ready to walk on the other side of lockdowns.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I have a feeling we will see similar when people try to get our economy to run before it’s ready to walk on the other side of lockdowns.
It's not a feeling. It's a fact. People need to get used to the idea we are going to be on lockdown, off lockdown, on lockown again until either we get herd immunity(which means a lot of people are going to die in the process) or we find a real treatment/vaccine.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
There is just too much crazy out there to comprehend. This guy decided he needed to ram a hospital ship with a train to show us all what's really going on.

California engineer ran train 'off the end of rail tracks' in attempted attack on USNS Mercy

Eduardo Moreno, 44, of San Pedro, was charged Wednesday with one count of train wrecking after the Tuesday incident, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a statement. Moreno told police that he believed the Mercy had "an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover,"/QUOTE]

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
Some of the good news stories need to be shared as well. Jacksonville State University has some wonderful initiatives in progress to assist with PPE shortage.

Faculty Help Find Creative Solutions to PPE and Hand Sanitizer Shortages

Meanwhile, the JSU Center for Manufacturing Support is helping hospitals convert snorkeling masks into N95-style masks for health care workers. Using concepts developed by Prakash Lab at Stanford University, the center is using its 3-D printers to create adaptors that turn full-faced snorkel masks into protective masks for doctors and nurses.
Center director Matthew Rosser is manufacturing plastic parts that snap inside the snorkel pipe. When fitted with normal respirator filters, which are not in short supply, the recreational mask becomes much-needed protective gear for those working closely with COVID-19 patients.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Quite a misleading headline. The letter was put out there to stop inappropriate prescribing, not to stop use in COVID-19 patients.

Copy of the letter:

Quote:

m March 24, 2020 TO: Licensed Prescribers & Dispensers RE: Reminder of Appropriate Prescribing and Dispensing Dear Licensed Prescribers and Dispensers: The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has received multiple allegations of Michigan physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose. Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19. Michigan pharmacists may see an increased volume of prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine and should take special care to evaluate the prescriptions’ legitimacy. Pursuant to Michigan Administrative Code, R 338.490(2), a pharmacist shall not fill a prescription if the pharmacist believes the prescription will be used for other than legitimate medical purposes or if the prescription could cause harm to a patient. It is also important to be mindful that licensed health professionals are required to report inappropriate prescribing practices. LARA appreciates all licensed health professionals for their service and cooperation in assuring compliance in acting responsibly while continuing to provide the best possible care for Michigan’s citizens during this unprecedented and very challenging time. To stay up to date on the latest information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic please go to www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus and the CDC site at www.CDC.gov. Sincerely, Deb Gagliardi, Director Bureau of Professional Licensing Forrest Pasanski, Director Enforcement Division

Using the drug on COVID patients has nothing to do with this inappropriate prescribing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.