Good News Thread

some_al_fan

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2024
Best news lately is the quietness of the transfer portal for Bama players. It is still early but only a backup kicker so far and that is really good news.
3 more walk ons have entered portal today.
Alabama has lost 4 players (all walk ons) to the portal so far. It is definitely the end of the world.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
3 more walk ons have entered portal today.
Alabama has lost 4 players (all walk ons) to the portal so far. It is definitely the end of the world.

LOL....

At some point before it's over we'll see some movement both ways (attrition and addition).

But I have been surprised at the lack of activity. Somebody (maybe at another program) will start the process and it'll create some momentum. Trickle down portal flow.

Reactions: B1GTide

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
When you think about it, the chances to portal somewhere now (after Spring Practice) and become a starter are slim to none... :cool:

Reactions: day-day

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
LOL....

At some point before it's over we'll see some movement both ways (attrition and addition).

But I have been surprised at the lack of activity. Somebody (maybe at another program) will start the process and it'll create some momentum. Trickle down portal flow.
I credit it to Coach and giving the guys a program they want to play for. He has assembled a good coaching staff and created an atmosphere that kids are excited about. Get the feeling Alabama is going to be pretty good an the gridiron this year.

Reactions: Con

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
There is no portal thread any longer , so I don’t know where to put this, but anyone heard anything concrete about Kadyn Proctor? I saw yesterday where some “journalist” speculated he may look at Ohio St where they are in need of a good Tackle to complete their CFB championship level roster. I thought he missed his ‘boys’ . Also, where does Parker Brailsford stand? Staying/going? Transfer in issues? He is still listed on the roster.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Also, wasn’t he the one that made comments that the Colorado program was much better than Nick Saban’s Alabama program? If so, wonder why he would leave such a wonderful program🤔
The Buffs had 14 scholarship players hit the spring portal window so far. And that's in addition to 12 in the data base from November to March. Kennedy's likely doing the right thing. He's too good not to land somewhere decent. Something definitely going on with Sanders.

Latest threads