BREAKING Gov Ivey Extends Mask Mandate Through April 9...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

Ivey said the roughly one month mask extension allows businesses ample time to implement their own policies and make adjustments ahead of the deadline. Several major retailers – including Kroger, Target and Walgreens – indicated they will leave orders requiring facial coverings in place even as more states drop the requirement.

Ivey stressed the mask requirement will not be extended past April 9 but does get the state past the Easter holiday on April 4. The current order was set to expire tomorrow at 5 p.m.
I'm somewhat leery of a hard stop date, particularly since only 7% of Alabamians have been fully vaccinated; linking the mandate expiration to a vaccination threshold seems more appropriate.

Still, beats the nonsense we're seeing in other GOP-led states.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Honestly, I appreciate her not bowing to the pressure. I'm afraid what Abbott has done here in Texas is at best playing with fire and could lead to an explosion in Covid rates again.
she totally bowed to the pressure she just put out the end date a few weeks to make it look like she didn't

Reactions: 92tide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
she totally bowed to the pressure she just put out the end date a few weeks to make it look like she didn't
Or she just pushed it out to allow people to have something to look forward to, with an understanding she'd put it off again if the situation warrants.

Human nature suggests giving people some "hope" for better things is a good thing.

Reactions: B1GTide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Sorry but I’m not giving her any credit because of the hard end date. Yea! She’s not as stupid as Mississippi, Texas and Florida, but still stupid.

So if cases shoot up after spring break we’re just going to say screw it, who cares who dies. I’ve lost so much respect for so many people who think wearing a mask is hard, bad or anti-freedom. Grow up idiots!

It is so amazing that we can watch other countries handle this pandemic so much better with stricter guidelines yet still say nope, that’s not the way to go.

• Thank You
Reactions: bama579 and seebell

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I am surprised she extended it. I told my co-worker I expected her to lift it. I also appreciated her letting Will Ainsworth know he ain’t the governor and his videos on social media have no bearing on what she will do.

Something my wife brought up yesterday- it will be nearly impossible to require masking in the classroom with no state mandate behind it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.