Auburn: Gus Malzahn: Auburn defensive line could be 'one of the best.

bama2112

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2006
Peach State
This is a quote from an article on Al.com,

Gus Malzahn: Auburn defensive line could be 'one of the best, if not the best, in college football'

Aubarn team placed ONE player on the SEC pre season team. Bama placed Three. I guess he was afraid after his comment about his quarterback last year blew up in his face. Now he has placed a target on the entire defense. I hope they keep Mal-Function for a long time down on the plains.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We have an AU thread. If you post everything related AU in that thread it keeps the forum cleaner. It's already being discussed there also..

Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.TideFans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252964&share_tid=252964&share_fid=4143&share_type=t
I deleted this thread earlier for this exact reason but opened it back up after realizing it's on the rival board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Hall of Fame
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They have a few stars types but I question the depth and we all know that depth is huge in this era of offensive tempo.

bama2112

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2006
Peach State
Not only does Aubarn have the best defensive line. [FONT=&quot]Auburn's John Franklin III says he's the nation's fastest quarterback. Wow and he started 1 game at a community college. I guess the experts are all wrong about the Tigers this year. I wonder if the betting line vs Clemson changed based on this new information.

I didnt put the link into AL.com , no reason to give them any more support. [/FONT]

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
What does Malzahn know about defense anyway?
Well! What I'm hearing is that their whole 'D' is in the running for the Heisman and Clemson won't be able to score against the barn. If you can't score against their 'D', you can't beat them. Tie that in with Albarn has the best and fastest QB in the nation and I see a 50-0 upset.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
That's the kiss of death.

Jeremy Johnson will win the Heisman.

Will Muschamp is the best DC in all of football.

The Auburn DL will be one of the best, if not the best, in college football.

And all that is within a 12-month period.

At what point will media and fans of schools other than Alabama start snickering whenever Malzahn goes hyperbolic?

As his wife said, in her last public statement several years ago, "Guuusssss.....shhhuuut uuuuup!"

Latest threads