Hamas attacks Israel - Part 2

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Was watching a news analysis segment last night and the point was made in order to control/destroy a terrorist faction - such as Hamas - a way to do it is similar to what we did in Iraq re: "The Surge".....

From Wiki:

The Iraq War troop surge of 2007, commonly known as the troop surge, or simply the surge, refers to the George W. Bush administration's 2007 increase in the number of U.S. military combat troops in Iraq in order to provide security to Baghdad and Al Anbar Governorate.

Initiated against strong domestic opposition and after the Republican defeat in the 2006 midterm elections, the surge was considered to be extremely difficult politically. One White House staffer explained the political rationale succinctly: "If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly." In retrospect, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and other critics of the surge have argued that it was successful.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The U.S. military is flying surveillance drones over the Gaza Strip, according to two Defense Department officials and an analysis by The New York Times. The officials said the drones were being used to aid in hostage recovery efforts, indicating that the U.S. is more involved than previously known.

The aircraft are MQ-9 Reapers operated by U.S. Special Operations forces and were first spotted on Saturday on Flightradar24, a publicly accessible flight-tracking website, though Pentagon officials said that the aircraft have been active in the area since the days after the Oct. 7 surprise attack on Israel by Hamas.

While Israel frequently conducts reconnaissance flights over Gaza, U.S. defense officials said it was believed to be the first time that U.S. drones have flown missions over Gaza.
U.S. Drones Are Flying Over Gaza to Aid in Hostage Recovery, Officials Say

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Was watching a news analysis segment last night and the point was made in order to control/destroy a terrorist faction - such as Hamas - a way to do it is similar to what we did in Iraq re: "The Surge".....

From Wiki:

The Iraq War troop surge of 2007, commonly known as the troop surge, or simply the surge, refers to the George W. Bush administration's 2007 increase in the number of U.S. military combat troops in Iraq in order to provide security to Baghdad and Al Anbar Governorate.

Initiated against strong domestic opposition and after the Republican defeat in the 2006 midterm elections, the surge was considered to be extremely difficult politically. One White House staffer explained the political rationale succinctly: "If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly." In retrospect, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and other critics of the surge have argued that it was successful.
Taking the objective takes what it takes. Short only of WMDs, we should use overwhelming force. Or, if the objective doesn’t justify that, stay home.

Doing things halfway so as not to offend anybody gets our guys killed. Try explaining the logic to a mother who has only a tri-angled flag instead of a son.

For an object lesson on the concept, read Anzio by Martin Blumenson.

Great idea, executed half-heartedly, and almost got run back into the sea. Thousands of unnecessary casualties.

Do it right, or don’t do it at all.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I saw a retired Israeli general say "No way the IDF is going into tunnels."
I hope that is not accurate. That is where the Hamas supplies are, the Hamas fighters are, the Hamas leadership hides, and where the hostages are.

I would hope that the Israelis have a plan to collapse the tunnels (I'm not a physicist, but some kind of fuel-air bomb?)

Reactions: Con

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Past is prologue.
The Hezbollah war in south Lebanon in 2006 did not go well.
Here is the US Army's history of that conflict. Insightful. Some similarities with Hamas.
Matthews We Were Caught Unprepared.
For those who would like to tinker with the military, the margins between resounding victory in conflict and getting your backside handed to you are a lot narrower than one might imagine.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I saw a retired Israeli general say "No way the IDF is going into tunnels."
I hope that is not accurate. That is where the Hamas supplies are, the Hamas fighters are, the Hamas leadership hides, and where the hostages are.

I would hope that the Israelis have a plan to collapse the tunnels (I'm not a physicist, but some kind of fuel-air bomb?)
Time to dust off the flame-throwers.

Reactions: Tidelines

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
  • Facepalm
Reactions: PaulD and JDCrimson

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022

Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah on Friday threatened to escalate his group’s involvement in the fighting in Gaza, as he warned that the US would have to pay for supporting the Jewish state in what he called a “holy war”
“Nothing is off the table,” he said.

He warned that Americans would also “have to pay.”

“Let me be clear: The United States is just as responsible” for the war, he argued, claiming that the American military’s support for Israel is enabling the Jewish nation’s war efforts,” Nasrallah said.
These clowns don't really want that smoke and everyone knows it. Still, threats have to be made, I guess.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

These clowns don't really want that smoke and everyone knows it. Still, threats have to be made, I guess.
Israel did not put in a good showing the last time they tangled with Hezbollah. (I post a link to the US Army's history above. Sobering.)

• Thank You
Reactions: CrimsonJazz

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hate it for them.
Hezbollah needs to butt out and stay quiet.
Meh, the more the merrier. Any of these evil people who support annihilating innocents should just speak up now so they can be identified and dealt with.

Like isis they're going to continue to be a problem. Just take the gloves off and wipe them off the face of the planet. Sure, there will always be violent insurgents due to their warped teachings, but at least end their ability to move about freely.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Meh, the more the merrier. Any of these evil people who support annihilating innocents should just speak up now so they can be identified and dealt with.

Like isis they're going to continue to be a problem. Just take the gloves off and wipe them off the face of the planet. Sure, there will always be violent insurgents due to their warped teachings, but at least end their ability to move about freely.
It's funny you should say that. In the Daesh days, Vladimir Putin was worried about islamic knuckleheads in Russia, and someone suggested letting them to Syria so they could kill them there. Easier than inside Russia.

• Wow
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I have never met this guy, but his policy is not far off.
short video.
My hope is that either (a) Hamas will surrender completely and unconditionally and take their martyrdom show to the Israeli prison system or (b) the Palestinian people of Gaza will resolve, "gosh, we never want this to happen again, so we are going to publicly and unequivocally swear off Jew-hating genocide and announce our willingness to negotiate a peace deal. Further, we will rat out the Hamas scum still hiding out under Gaza ("Hey, Mossad, here is the Lat/Long of a Hamas tunnel. There are 15 Hamas refuseniks in that tunnel. Please come and get them.")
A true and long-lasting peace will occur at the speed at which the sincerity of the Palestinians can be verified.

The Palestinians people of Gaza can no longer afford the luxury of tolerating Hamas in their midst. They have to be eradicated, so peace and rebuilding can begin.

Reactions: Bazza

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads