Happy 2nd and 26th day

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He snookered then perfectly........ even Kirby knew they had been had
I said just Irv, but EVERYONE else was on the wide side of the field, which helped with the sell job, and the safety wanting to be closer to the most likely area the ball was going to be thrown to.

Hats off to Smitty, the biggest single catch, and the biggest half of football to help win our last two NCs.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Gundy's non-reaction reaction was priceless. Dude's face appeared as if he were sitting in the waiting room for his turn to see the doctor.
Then, he jumped up with a look of disgust on his face and threw his chair to the side. I was watching Tua also and I thought he was for sure going to throw it over the middle. So did the safety... :)

Reactions: B1GTide

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I visited the Benz a few months after this game as part of a work event. We go to tour the stadium and go on the field. Once on the field, the tour guide asked if there were any questions. I asked "Which end zone corner did Davonta Smith catch the TD in?" He lowered his head and said "I knew there'd be at least one." as he pointed to the corner.

I proceeded to take this picture, which from time to time I still send to some UGA fans as a reminder. This is the same group of fans that for two weeks leading up to the game informed me that Alabama stood no chance in what was essentially a home game for them.

Attachments

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I visited the Benz a few months after this game as part of a work event. We go to tour the stadium and go on the field. Once on the field, the tour guide asked if there were any questions. I asked "Which end zone corner did Davonta Smith catch the TD in?" He lowered his head and said "I knew there'd be at least one." as he pointed to the corner.

I proceeded to take this picture, which from time to time I still send to some UGA fans as a reminder. This is the same group of fans that for two weeks leading up to the game informed me that Alabama stood no chance in what was essentially a home game for them.
we went to the first atlanta united game of the season last march and i made sure to point out to our jawjuh friends the end zone for 2 and 26, as well as the end zone where jalen ran in the go ahead td in the following sec cg. they were not amused.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It amazes me the Falcons have a home game the day after the SECCG and the Falcons and NFL logos are on the field. The Big XII played their game at the Colts stadium but used the Colts’ turf.

Years ago I watched a Saints game right after New Year and they had Sugar Bowl markings on the field, including ALABAMA in the end zone.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It amazes me the Falcons have a home game the day after the SECCG and the Falcons and NFL logos are on the field. The Big XII played their game at the Colts stadium but used the Colts’ turf.

Years ago I watched a Saints game right after New Year and they had Sugar Bowl markings on the field, including ALABAMA in the end zone.
To me this cheapens the event for the teams playing in the game. It may not be a big deal to some people but I just think if the city is putting on the event, they should do it right.

Reactions: UAllday

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
their secondary completely screwed the pooch on that play. i think the #14 thought he had safety help over the top, and the safety bit on tua's head fake taking him out of the play. you can see #14 as he pulls up giving "what the hell, i thought you were covering the deep ball" arms to the safety.
I was sitting in front of a Georgia fan and he was mumbling to himself before the play that it was either going to be a run or a homerun shot. He was right and he let out a big expletive when he saw the ball released.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.