Happy 2nd and 26th day

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It amazes me the Falcons have a home game the day after the SECCG and the Falcons and NFL logos are on the field. The Big XII played their game at the Colts stadium but used the Colts’ turf.

Years ago I watched a Saints game right after New Year and they had Sugar Bowl markings on the field, including ALABAMA in the end zone.
The Colts end zones are also painted solid blue, and just about every other dome stadium is painted green. The BIG 10 also has painted end zones. Just hollow end zones with names are easy to paint over the solid paint requires a total repair. Indianapolis likes the BIG to play it’s championship games but it loves its Colts far more.

07758ACE-47F5-42C5-9A9B-68084CABF76F.jpeg
3FBB9DCA-8B5C-46B7-8335-9E6F7EEF9FA3.jpeg

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To me this cheapens the event for the teams playing in the game. It may not be a big deal to some people but I just think if the city is putting on the event, they should do it right.
The issue probably boiled down to the issue of it being entirely different end zones to be put in place. Championship weekend was originally scheduled for December 5th, and both the Colts and BIG 10 use full color end zones. The Colts were on the road on the 6th but had a home game on the 20th. There probably was not enough time to totally change the field.

Reactions: Con

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I was sitting in front of a Georgia fan and he was mumbling to himself before the play that it was either going to be a run or a homerun shot. He was right and he let out a big expletive when he saw the ball released.
I was surrounded by UGA fans on the 50 yard line area. I did not say much during the game.. of course the UGA fans were giddy the first half. When Tua came in the 2nd half, I told my friend we had a chance to win the game.. by the end of the game several of the UGA fans around me (looked like college age kids) were either crying or cursing or both.

It was a very emotional game those last few minutes, regardless of which team you pulled for. Luckily, I am a Bama fanatic. It was the most exciting time for me as a Bama fan. Maybe because I was there, maybe because I wanted us to beat UGA so bad, or maybe because it was such a great comeback. RTR!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was surrounded by UGA fans on the 50 yard line area. I did not say much during the game.. of course the UGA fans were giddy the first half. When Tua came in the 2nd half, I told my friend we had a chance to win the game.. by the end of the game several of the UGA fans around me (looked like college age kids) were either crying or cursing or both.

It was a very emotional game those last few minutes, regardless of which team you pulled for. Luckily, I am a Bama fanatic. It was the most exciting time for me as a Bama fan. Maybe because I was there, maybe because I wanted us to beat UGA so bad, or maybe because it was such a great comeback. RTR!
I never encountered Georgia fans until that night and I thought for years Auburn fans were just trying to make me feel good when they said “we love to watch games with Alabama fans in our stadium but absolutely hate Georgia week in JHS”. I used to want to go to all the SEC stadiums to see Alabama play, but after that night I’m counting Mercedes Benz as going to Athens. I’m through with them for a lifetime. I could only imagine what @BamaNation @92tide and @DzynKingRTR have to go through with those fools on a daily basis.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I never encountered Georgia fans until that night and I thought for years Auburn fans were just trying to make me feel good when they said “we love to watch games with Alabama fans in our stadium but absolutely hate Georgia week in JHS”. I used to want to go to all the SEC stadiums to see Alabama play, but after that night I’m counting Mercedes Benz as going to Athens. I’m through with them for a lifetime. I could only imagine what @BamaNation @92tide and @DzynKingRTR have to go through with those fools on a daily basis.
I've been to Athens several times...they can be ugly...but they are still a notch above the AU fans I've encountered over the years. Delusional, but not at the AU level...(except for AUDub!)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've been to Athens several times...they can be ugly...but they are still a notch above the AU fans I've encountered over the years. Delusional, but not at the AU level...(except for AUDub!)
Ive only been to Auburn once for a football game and it wasn’t too bad. Georgia in the NCG was the worst I have ever experienced. Oddly enough the 2nd worse was going to Oxford.

But what I’ve often found is that a crowd is usually situational bad. I went to Ole Miss in 2016 and Auburn in 2015. A lot of people have completely different experiences with both fan bases than me after going to lesser Ole Miss games and bigger Auburn games.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
TRUTH: I just reply with one word to any of their stupidity: Eighteen. That shuts'em up quicklike.

Most abuse I've ever taken at a football game was before, during and after the infamous 2008 Bama @ UGA "blackout" game. I don't heckle or run my mouth or act a fool at games so the entirety of their actions was based on me wearing crimson and not black. I'm not even sure I had on anything with an A on it that day!

Last edited:

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Went to Athens in 1995 after we got tickets from a relative who worked for UGHA. The stadium was decent but their fans were terrible ruining the visit.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
TRUTH: I just reply with one word to any of their stupidity: Eighteen. That shuts'em up quicklike.

Most abuse I've ever taken at a football game was before, during and after the infamous 2008 Bama @ UGA "blackout" game. I don't heckle or run my mouth or act a fool at games so the entirety of their actions was based on me wearing crimson and not black. I'm not even sure I had on anything with an A on it that day!
People playing frogger to get across the street to yell “Go Dawgs!!” At you, saying roll yo ass back to Birmingham, throwing beer and popcorn at people from the upper deck, the insane barking, and just the arrogance and vileness I have never seen anything like it in just one game. I’ve heard Florida fans are just like that if they have something to cheer about and I would hate to imagine what a cocktail party is like between the two of them. But Georgia fans are by far the worst fans I have ever encountered at a game.

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
Yeah, who knew that we were watching a record shattering great receiver before that catch?

Another thing about that all time great play was the GREAT block by substitute left tackle Alex Leatherwood!!! He pushed the defender away and made the play work. Alex is going to be excellent in the NFL!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!GO FOR 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the only "smack" i heard was from one of the school moms when i was wearing my bama sweatshirt. she was talking about all of the bad calls from the officials. I told her that none of that really matters when you're upper class laden defensive secondary couldn't manage to play a relatively simple cover 2 against our scrubs when we had our backs against the wall. and i reminded her that group of scrubs had 5 (or 6 can't remember) true freshmen. she didn't mention anything else.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
2nd and 26 is the greatest play I've ever seen and it's not close. That was such a perfect pass; Tua hit the Slim Reaper on the run. I could watch that pass 1,000,000 times and it still wouldn't get old. Then throw in the fact that this was a walk-off TD to win the national championship and it seems too good to be true.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
2nd and 26 is the greatest play I've ever seen and it's not close. That was such a perfect pass; Tua hit the Slim Reaper on the run. I could watch that pass 1,000,000 times and it still wouldn't get old. Then throw in the fact that this was a walk-off TD to win the national championship and it seems too good to be true.
In college football, I agree, but I am far from unbiased.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Same here. Considering the game, the magnitude, the situation leading up to the play etc. It is the greatest play I've ever seen hands down.

It was like the heavy weight fighter who is on the ropes and everybody just knows he's one maybe two more punches from going down. Then all of a sudden he lands a lightning quick but devastating upper cut to the jaw and it's instantly over. Over so quick it takes you a second or two to process what the hell just happened. That's what that play was like.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Same here. Considering the game, the magnitude, the situation leading up to the play etc. It is the greatest play I've ever seen hands down.

It was like the heavy weight fighter who is on the ropes and everybody just knows he's one maybe two more punches from going down. Then all of a sudden he lands a lightning quick but devastating upper cut to the jaw and it's instantly over. Over so quick it takes you a second or two to process what the hell just happened. That's what that play was like.
i completely lost it after that play and was running around my house screaming like a mad man. my daughter gave me a lot of grief the next morning for waking her up

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.