Happy 2nd and 26th day

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
It was a wonderful time to be alive and living in Athens at the time. After smack talk being turned up to 11 in the weeks and days before that game, it dropped quickly to 0. Same thing happened in 2012 SECCG, the 2015 game, and the 2018 SECCG.

I'll say this, that the UGA fans I consider my friends from Athens were by and large pleasant, and actually remain pretty fatalistic about their program. The other 100k or so other people in Athens on the other hand...well...next year is their year. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
The Colts end zones are also painted solid blue, and just about every other dome stadium is painted green. The BIG 10 also has painted end zones. Just hollow end zones with names are easy to paint over the solid paint requires a total repair. Indianapolis likes the BIG to play it’s championship games but it loves its Colts far more.

View attachment 15214
View attachment 15215
I can tell you how the Georgia Dome did it (back when it existed): They had a massive endzone turf closet with rolls of turf on giant shelves. They'd just pull up one roll and put down another.

I learned about that closet pre-game before the '99 SEC championship game. You get to go in lots of neat areas as a band member.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and Con

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i completely lost it after that play and was running around my house screaming like a mad man. my daughter gave me a lot of grief the next morning for waking her up
Literally everyone else in the house had gone to bed, assured Bama was going to lose. Even at halftime I was telling the chirruns Bama was gonna win, but they didn't believe me.

So when it was over, I grabbed a pillow and yelled into it - didn't want to wake the entire house up, LOL.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was on our annual trip to Disney World to run the marathon. We were watching the game at the ESPN Zone/Club outside of Epcot but I had to leave at halftime - I was not good company. We went back to the hotel to watch the second half in our room. When Tua took the field in the 2nd half I told Amy that Alabama was going to win. I was absolutely certain of it.

I died a little bit inside when Alabama missed the FG to win it in regulation. I was ecstatic when Alabama sacked Fromm to force the long FG in OT, then bummed when Blankenship hit the bomb FG to take the lead. That low feeling continued when Tua was sacked, but less than 20 seconds later the game was over and Alabama had done it. I was flabbergasted. I wanted to run around screaming, but I was in a hotel and not ready to be thrown out in the night. But, wow, what a game.

That game was a roller coaster ride that I will never forget.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’ll always remember it because it’s the one Alabama game I was forced into going to and the one Alabama game I snuck in without a ticket to.

Reactions: Padreruf

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With the statute of limitations expired, care to enlighten us as to how that is possible in this day of maximum security, etc.?
Well I’m still kinda shocked how it happened myself. This is going to be a little long so bare with me.

To start off I was a student at the time and for the playoffs you get to put in your preference between the semi and National championship. I was going to the NOLA anyways so I chose the Sugar bowl. But I didn’t get it, I got the NC which was a $540 ticket (or $450 to be honest I have forgotten because the same thing happened to me the previous year and one was $450 and the other was $540). But to the point it was more than I was willing to spend. Well my friend’s daughter (well they are all my friends) didn’t have a ticket for the NC and the prices were outrageous for that game since Georgia was in it. So they agreed to buy mine. My only job was to go to the Congress center to pick it up since UA is totally paranoid at students making money that they are one of the few programs that won’t allow you to pick up bowl tickets at the ticket office.

So the plan is to meet them on my way back and their way to the game halfway. Well they all of sudden want me to try to find a ticket for their son. I did and it’s too much money for me to feel comfortable passing off in Atlanta even if it’s to another UA student that I know has a legitimate ticket. So I my friends (son and daughter of my friend) ride up there with me. I had every intention of driving back after we acquired the ticket because a certain orange man would be in attendance that night and I didn’t want to be stuck in Atlanta outside the stadium because of it. But they convinced me to stay and have lunch with them and off course my luck the Secret Service blocked me in. And the frigid rain started so it was now “ let’s find me a ticket”. Well they were going for way more than what was reasonable and they were a lot of seats without people in them in the game.

Well we found a guy that goes to every big sporting event (SBs, NCs, WS, and NBA Finals) who scouts the area and gets in with one or two of the ticket handlers to come up with a system. Well I’m not going to tell what was paid, but it was less than 25% of the average getting in price that night. So Louie , the guy getting me in, took me and a Georgia fan in together through security. All the time I’m thinking is this guy legit, is Secret Service going to see that I don’t belong here, and is there going to be a hitch somewhere in this craziness. Well we are going through thousands of angry Alabama and Georgia fans suffering through the freezing rain since tickets were mobile tickets and WiFi sucked down there and the fact Secret Service kinda limited how you could get in. After 30 minutes of fighting through what seemed to be a Metallica mash pit we get to the Secret Service check and all I remember is this secret service chick that really didn’t want to be there and couldn’t care less if a gun went through her line. There were people dinging like crazy on the metal detector and would say “oh it’s my belt” and she would just let them through. The Georgia guy with me had a flask of whiskey and just blamed it on a belt and got through. I was shocked how lackadaisical they were. Then after another 10 minutes we got to his hook up and all he said was pull out your phone and don’t look suspicious for the cameras. The guy put the barrier behind him and let us through. I just couldn’t believe how easy it was.

Call me liar if you want and I can understand because I still can’t believe it. I ended up sitting behind my friend and his wife on the 50 of the upper deck.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Literally everyone else in the house had gone to bed, assured Bama was going to lose. Even at halftime I was telling the chirruns Bama was gonna win, but they didn't believe me.

So when it was over, I grabbed a pillow and yelled into it - didn't want to wake the entire house up, LOL.
I always tell people that it’s great story, great ending, but it was hell being there. Georgia fans were getting really bad going into halftime. Like I said I’ve never been as on edge watching a game due to other fans as I was that night. Everyone says LSU and Auburn fans are horrible, I say they don’t hold a candle to Georgia fans.

When Tua hit the homerun there was a drunk Alabama fan two rows above me that jumped so high that he wound up in the seat next to me. There were strangers picking each other up and many Bama fans didn’t leave the building until they forced us out. It was by far the craziest ending I’ve ever experienced. I didn’t want to go to bed after it happened even though I had to go to work 3 hours later.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I always tell people that it’s great story, great ending, but it was hell being there. Georgia fans were getting really bad going into halftime. Like I said I’ve never been as on edge watching a game due to other fans as I was that night. Everyone says LSU and Auburn fans are horrible, I say they don’t hold a candle to Georgia fans.

When Tua hit the homerun there was a drunk Alabama fan two rows above me that jumped so high that he wound up in the seat next to me. There were strangers picking each other up and many Bama fans didn’t leave the building until they forced us out. It was by far the craziest ending I’ve ever experienced. I didn’t want to go to bed after it happened even though I had to go to work 3 hours later.
That is why I had to leave the ESPN Club and go back to watch the 2nd half in my room. The GA fans in the place were insufferable. We were among the last Alabama fans left in the place. But Clemson fans were even harder to deal with.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Well I’m still kinda shocked how it happened myself. This is going to be a little long so bare with me.

To start off I was a student at the time and for the playoffs you get to put in your preference between the semi and National championship. I was going to the NOLA anyways so I chose the Sugar bowl. But I didn’t get it, I got the NC which was a $540 ticket (or $450 to be honest I have forgotten because the same thing happened to me the previous year and one was $450 and the other was $540). But to the point it was more than I was willing to spend. Well my friend’s daughter (well they are all my friends) didn’t have a ticket for the NC and the prices were outrageous for that game since Georgia was in it. So they agreed to buy mine. My only job was to go to the Congress center to pick it up since UA is totally paranoid at students making money that they are one of the few programs that won’t allow you to pick up bowl tickets at the ticket office.

So the plan is to meet them on my way back and their way to the game halfway. Well they all of sudden want me to try to find a ticket for their son. I did and it’s too much money for me to feel comfortable passing off in Atlanta even if it’s to another UA student that I know has a legitimate ticket. So I my friends (son and daughter of my friend) ride up there with me. I had every intention of driving back after we acquired the ticket because a certain orange man would be in attendance that night and I didn’t want to be stuck in Atlanta outside the stadium because of it. But they convinced me to stay and have lunch with them and off course my luck the Secret Service blocked me in. And the frigid rain started so it was now “ let’s find me a ticket”. Well they were going for way more than what was reasonable and they were a lot of seats without people in them in the game.

Well we found a guy that goes to every big sporting event (SBs, NCs, WS, and NBA Finals) who scouts the area and gets in with one or two of the ticket handlers to come up with a system. Well I’m not going to tell what was paid, but it was less than 25% of the average getting in price that night. So Louie , the guy getting me in, took me and a Georgia fan in together through security. All the time I’m thinking is this guy legit, is Secret Service going to see that I don’t belong here, and is there going to be a hitch somewhere in this craziness. Well we are going through thousands of angry Alabama and Georgia fans suffering through the freezing rain since tickets were mobile tickets and WiFi sucked down there and the fact Secret Service kinda limited how you could get in. After 30 minutes of fighting through what seemed to be a Metallica mash pit we get to the Secret Service check and all I remember is this secret service chick that really didn’t want to be there and couldn’t care less if a gun went through her line. There were people dinging like crazy on the metal detector and would say “oh it’s my belt” and she would just let them through. The Georgia guy with me had a flask of whiskey and just blamed it on a belt and got through. I was shocked how lackadaisical they were. Then after another 10 minutes we got to his hook up and all he said was pull out your phone and don’t look suspicious for the cameras. The guy put the barrier behind him and let us through. I just couldn’t believe how easy it was.

Call me liar if you want and I can understand because I still can’t believe it. I ended up sitting behind my friend and his wife on the 50 of the upper deck.
I love a good story...thanks!!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I was on our annual trip to Disney World to run the marathon. We were watching the game at the ESPN Zone/Club outside of Epcot but I had to leave at halftime - I was not good company. We went back to the hotel to watch the second half in our room. When Tua took the field in the 2nd half I told Amy that Alabama was going to win. I was absolutely certain of it.

I died a little bit inside when Alabama missed the FG to win it in regulation. I was ecstatic when Alabama sacked Fromm to force the long FG in OT, then bummed when Blankenship hit the bomb FG to take the lead. That low feeling continued when Tua was sacked, but less than 20 seconds later the game was over and Alabama had done it. I was flabbergasted. I wanted to run around screaming, but I was in a hotel and not ready to be thrown out in the night. But, wow, what a game.

That game was a roller coaster ride that I will never forget.
I knew that poor guy was going to miss that kick by the look on his face beforehand. Talk about your stomach being in your throat, or whatever. Well, his wasn't even in his body.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That is why I had to leave the ESPN Club and go back to watch the 2nd half in my room. The GA fans in the place were insufferable. We were among the last Alabama fans left in the place. But Clemson fans were even harder to deal with.
Ive never encountered Florida fans on the up and up, but one of my friends says they are basically Michigan fans with fall homes in Orlando. As bad as Georgia fans are I could not imagine being in the City of Jacksonville with a bunch of drunks from two obnoxious fan bases.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Jax is no paradise to begin with, LOL.
I only have driven through it once and it looks like a city of highways and a river. On tv the stadium looks like one of the worst stadiums. It really looks like a dump that belongs on @selmaborntidefan list of dumps. I know a few who went to the FSU game in 2007 down there that weren’t impressed. I also know that the one time the SB went there they made certain rules right afterwards that pretty much excluded it from any further Super Bowls.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.