Harry and Meghan...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One prominent royalty commentator over there compared the interview to burning the US flag. I guess that places them above reproach, which is ridiculous, considering the history of the institution. The race thing is beyond absurd. Queen Charlotte, George III's wife, was part African on both sides, through branches of the Portuguse royal family. It's obvious from her portraits and was widely and openly discussed during her tenure as royal consort. Irony of ironies, little would-have-been Prince Archie turned out paler than Prince Charles, despite his worries...
Hanovers vs Winsors. Plus George III was pretty different from most kings.

I think Elizabeth II is an okay queen but wouldn’t be one for the history books if her reign hadnt been as long as it has. She really hasn’t done anything substantial... except embarrass trump into staying in different accommodations and being there for the Feast in which he looked like an idiot dressed him.

Charles is a moron and people are really going to hate knowing he is king of England.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hanovers vs Winsors. Plus George III was pretty different from most kings.

I think Elizabeth II is an okay queen but wouldn’t be one for the history books if her reign hadnt been as long as it has. She really hasn’t done anything substantial... except embarrass trump into staying in different accommodations and being there for the Feast in which he looked like an idiot dressed him.

Charles is a moron and people are really going to hate knowing he is king of England.
Charles hasn't outlived his mother yet. The House of Hanover is where Charlotte - and Elizabeth - derive their Portuguese ancestry. Below is one of the most popular portraits of Charlotte. During her lifetime, there was contemporary complaining that the portraitists deliberately de-emphasized her African facial characteristics...

charlotte-of-mecklenburg-1935-charlotte-of-mecklenburg-news-photo-1607892004.jpg

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don't remember the details, but I do seem to remember her doing something almost noble during the war, something to do with enduring the bombing blitz of England. It may have been this: Buckingham Palace was repeatedly bombed...rather than take shelter at a rural retreat. people living in London could not escape the bombing and she wouldn't either.queen.jpgld stick it out with them.

I also saw this while looking around...
When she turned 18, at her own insistence, Princess Elizabeth joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS), where she trained as a truck driver and mechanic. Now 94, she remains the only woman in the royal family to have served in the military. {/QUOTE]

queen.jpg

I don't mean to champion the English Royalty, I think they are useless, but it's a slow day for me...

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Some suggested the royal family take refuge in Canada during the blitz or at least send the children. The Queen (Liz II’s mom) said “The children will leave when I leave. I will leave when the king leaves. And the king will never leave”.

Charles and his sons all served in the military.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Did not want to start a new thread, so I am positing this here. I don't get out much, but what the hell is all the hullabaloo about Prince Harry and his wife? Have they been outcast from the other royals? If so, did they talk bad about the Queen? I just don't see how this is prime time news.

Reactions: Bamaro

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have nothing but respect for Markle after the way she has managed this.
I think her and Harry are the only Royals I actually like. I do remember that Harry tried to sneak into Afghanistan to be with his unit but of course Charles was never going to allow it. They are probably the most “normal” ones out of the bunch.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Did not want to start a new thread, so I am positing this here. I don't get out much, but what the hell is all the hullabaloo about Prince Harry and his wife? Have they been outcast from the other royals? If so, did they talk bad about the Queen? I just don't see how this is prime time news.
Long story short, Charles doesn’t like having a multi racial daughter in law and an American one at that. They were forced out after much infighting and both parties originally agreed that the couple could live in Canada as Royals. But the Royal Firm took away their security details, and so Harry and Markle having been living in LA in secret for most of the time.

It’s mostly a Royal disagreement of who and who you can’t marry gone way overboard. It’s as bad as Stalin and the Communist party dictating who his daughter could and could not marry.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.