Harry and Meghan...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK, I watched it, after vowing I wouldn't. It wasn't very surprising, in general, although her confession that she'd become suicidal was eyebrow-lifting. However, what caught my eye was the stupidity of "The Firm," the gray suits which run the royalty operation. They have a prince, Andrew, basically hiding from the FBI and refusing subpoenas, and they decide to investigate Meghan's bullying? My only glimpses of how royals treat their servants comes from public television, but, to me, from that source, the everyday way in which they interrelate amounts to bullying. In retrospect, their "investigation" appears to be a preemptive strike. If so, they greatly misestimated the amount of ammo they had, compared to hers...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and 92tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My wife loves the British Royal family, mostly because of Diana. But, aside from their charitable works (which are all funded by the British people) they have done nothing of substance for over a century. They are like circus animals, brought out to sell tickets. They are a tourist attraction, like the buildings that they inhabit.

They live isolated lives, so why wouldn't they be racists? They are not exposed to modern thinking, and when they are, they are trained to reject it for fear that it could destroy what they have. Think about it - if the Brits stop thinking of them as "more" then their value to the country disappears. When that happens, they lose everything.

They live in fear every day of being exposed as the frauds that royalty around the world have always been. They can be seen a tyrannical. They cannot be seen as common.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
OK, I watched it, after vowing I wouldn't. It wasn't very surprising, in general, although her confession that she'd become suicidal was eyebrow-lifting. However, what caught my eye was the stupidity of "The Firm," the gray suits which run the royalty operation. They have a prince, Andrew, basically hiding from the FBI and refusing subpoenas, and they decide to investigate Meghan's bullying? My only glimpses of how royals treat their servants comes from public television, but, to me, from that source, the everyday way in which they interrelate amounts to bullying. In retrospect, their "investigation" appears to be a preemptive strike. If so, they greatly misestimated the amount of ammo they had, compared to hers...
Well Charles did ditch Diana so you knew there was something crazy about him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well Charles did ditch Diana so you knew there was something crazy about him.
Never should have married her, or been asked to marry her, when he was clearly in love with another woman. More royal garbage.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My wife loves the British Royal family, mostly because of Diana. But, aside from their charitable works (which are all funded by the British people) they have done nothing of substance for over a century. They are like circus animals, brought out to sell tickets. They are a tourist attraction, like the buildings that they inhabit.

They live isolated lives, so why wouldn't they be racists? They are not exposed to modern thinking, and when they are, they are trained to reject it for fear that it could destroy what they have. Think about it - if the Brits stop thinking of them as "more" then their value to the country disappears. When that happens, they lose everything.

They live in fear every day of being exposed as the frauds that royalty around the world have always been. They can be seen a tyrannical. They cannot be seen as common.
George VI and Elizabeth did provide Britain with much needed morale during WWII.

Reactions: B1GTide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When the Royals did a people tour in Australia early after Charles and Diana got married, it is said the Royals were concerned Diana outshined Charles and that's when some of the problems for her started.

Ironically Megan said that's when her problems started after their trip to Australia.

I will say I'm a little hesitant of just hearing "one side of this" and I'll be interested in hearing what the Royals might say. I kinda feel like this interview will force their hand to respond, in some way. I'm not saying Harry and Megan are lying, but, as the old saying goes, there are three sides to every story; the two opposing sides and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: PaulD

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
George VI and Elizabeth did provide Britain with much needed morale during WWII.
This is news to me. Elizabeth was 15 years old when the war started and 21 when it ended. I don't know what she could have done other than stand along side her father.

I've never been able to get a feel for how popular the royals are to the British citizens. My take is that Elizabeth has been a pretty good queen, meaning she performs the role expected of her. I can't see that from anyone beyond her.

I'm so glad we don't have to pay for this extravagance.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
...they have done nothing of substance for over a century..
George VI says hi, but otherwise tough to argue with your post.

Though I don’t like it when former insiders “tell all,” I don’t care either way about the Royals per se. I find them interesting in a PoliSci way: a constitutional monarch serves constitutional purposes, though of course the UK constitution is unwritten and based more on custom and precedent than anything else. #ThingsILearnedFromTheCrown

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is news to me. Elizabeth was 15 years old when the war started and 21 when it ended. I don't know what she could have done other than stand along side her father.

I've never been able to get a feel for how popular the royals are to the British citizens. My take is that Elizabeth has been a pretty good queen, meaning she performs the role expected of her. I can't see that from anyone beyond her.

Most British don’t really pay them much attention. It’s more “hey we have them” kinda thing.

Reactions: Go Bama

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

He probably means the wife of George VI, not the future QEII...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

She did nothing, but her father is another story.

Reactions: Go Bama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One prominent royalty commentator over there compared the interview to burning the US flag. I guess that places them above reproach, which is ridiculous, considering the history of the institution. The race thing is beyond absurd. Queen Charlotte, George III's wife, was part African on both sides, through branches of the Portuguse royal family. It's obvious from her portraits and was widely and openly discussed during her tenure as royal consort. Irony of ironies, little would-have-been Prince Archie turned out paler than Prince Charles, despite his worries...

Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Most British don’t really pay them much attention. It’s more “hey we have them” kinda thing.
That is an interesting question - I know many Brits and most do see them with some level of respect while others just don't care. But many Brits revere them to this day. The Queen is viewed as a near deity (God's representative on Earth) by the Church of England.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.