Harsin and Auburn Drama (Auburn coaching situation talk)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
My guess is Harsin wants out of Auburn as much as Auburn wants him out.
The problem is money. Harsin wants it all, but my guess is Auburn can't afford to pay full price. Harsin can fight and win, and be the hated coach. I don't see how either side could consider this a win...

This is a situation ripe for compromise.
Does Auburn want Harsin gone bad enough to cough up $10,000,000? Considering Harsin has cost Auburn this Recruiting Class, the loss of Coaches and Players. It can only get worse.
Or better depending on your perspective.

Last edited:

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Do they REALLY want to be looking for another coach, right now? Are they really this out of touch as to how attractive they think the program is?

I just don't understand Lee County. At all.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
What a mess. When are those clowns supposed to start Spring practice? Got to be in the next 4-5 weeks, right? I think we usually get going right before Spring Break, which is around March 11....

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
What a mess. When are those clowns supposed to start Spring practice? Got to be in the next 4-5 weeks, right? I think we usually get going right before Spring Break, which is around March 11....
Great point!

So they don't have an OC and now they are basically wanting to dump the entire staff with a month to go before Spring Practice. Hmmm... :unsure:

I'll bet Calzada really regrets his decision right now.:cool:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Do they REALLY want to be looking for another coach, right now? Are they really this out of touch as to how attractive they think the program is?

I just don't understand Lee County. At all.
According to Pawl, Freeze is their man and everything left to do is a mere formality.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Some of these comments on the Barn forum on TigerDroppings concerning Steele possibly as the next head coach are hilarious;

"Steele took a horrendous Baylor program and nearly killed it."
"After a few years with Steele, we'll be looking at last year as "the good old days'.
"Kevin Steele was 1-31 at Baylor....in the Big 12" followed by a response of "At least he is consistent..."
" Don’t care HOW you slice it. 1 and 31. 1 and 31. My god. No thanks. Might as well hire Ellis Johnson"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
And; there is an SEC Football Head Coaches meeting Thursday; that should be interesting.
Is the Rev. Al Greene going to attend; maybe open the meeting with a cover of "Let's Stay Together"?

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFanInTally

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
According to Pawl, Freeze is their man and everything left to do is a mere formality.
Not saying that Freeze isn't the choice, but how will that play out with Sankey? Sankey has balked at letting Freeze anywhere near the SEC in coordinator or even analysts roles. This is a guy that brought 15 level one NCAA violations to Oxford. Yeah, memories are short when it comes to SEC football, but I don't know if they are this short.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not saying that Freeze isn't the choice, but how will that play out with Sankey? Sankey has balked at letting Freeze anywhere near the SEC in coordinator or even analysts roles. This is a guy that brought 15 level one NCAA violations to Oxford. Yeah, memories are short when it comes to SEC football, but I don't know if they are this short.
According to PF, all the issues with Freeze have been worked out and this is the new auby coach in waiting.

• Wow
Reactions: seebell

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
The guy they would not even grant an interview to a year ago? Yep; that guy

Reactions: seebell

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Fire Harsin because of alleged improprieties with a female, then hire Hugh Freeze. Maybe they’ll throw in a burner phone in Freeze’s contract. The Coen Brothers can’t write comedy like this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.