Harsin and Auburn Drama (Auburn coaching situation talk)

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Auburn's schedule for 2022 is so back-loaded that whether the coach is Harsin or someone else they have a chance to start 5-0 since the first 5 are all at JH. Then they head to Athens where the wheels start falling off once again. In the end I see them with a probable 6-6 regular season.

Reactions: bamabelle1991

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Basically I think Missouri and Miss St could be the difference between a 3 win team and a 4 win team for Auburn. Sure it’s possible that they could luck into a 6 win season but that maybe their ceiling without major portal moves. I just don’t see it with this amount of dysfunction.

i usually refrain from picking losing seasons for Auburn but this maybe the easiest to pick.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I think he'll be fine on the level at which he belongs. Someone like Fresno State, San Diego State, etc. would hire him in a heartbeat if he were available and they needed a coach.
Ain't so sure 'bout that after the "care packages" of warm and fuzzies delivered this week to Harsin's rep from his two previous HC stops. And the transfer portal box score and the NSD no-hitter on his Allburnt CV. More likely an Idahoan homecoming for Harsin as OC for the U. of Idaho Vandals of Moscow, Idaho. Wonder what kind of buyout Idaho would offer next December against his good-riddance money - maybe a guaranteed $500 gate for Allburnt playing an FCS road game up there?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
If he indeed stays, the BEST hire AU could make is a GREAT therapist for the program. Dr. Phil might be available. I hear he's in hot water, so it would be a perfect match!

Reactions: bamamc1

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
So; how many times did they get turned down by potential replacements? Kinda like the process for hiring him in the first place? Auburn; taking loosing situation, and making it worse.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It's jetgate all over again. Will these idiots running things down there ever learn?

So, they end up right were they started, with Harsin as their coach. So they aired all their dirty laundry for nothing, just a waste of a bunch of hot air. Do they really think they are in a better position now then when all this started? I doubt Harsin really wants to be retained at this point but, he ain't giving in unless they pay him.

There has got to be some really upset boosters in cowland today. This is now twice in a little over a year that they haven't gotten their way and end up with Harsin.

They couldn't just sit back and enjoy a week of being #1 in basketball.

Reactions: dathbama

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Auburn's schedule for 2022 is so back-loaded that whether the coach is Harsin or someone else they have a chance to start 5-0 since the first 5 are all at JH. Then they head to Athens where the wheels start falling off once again. In the end I see them with a probable 6-6 regular season.
Harsin just need to hit transfer portal between now and August, and I think he'll be fine.

Georgia got some situation they need to address. their Defense won't be elite and how they respond after winning championship is something to watch. I think Auburn will have between 4-6 losses this fall.

Best case: 4 losses.
Worst case: 7 losses.

Reactions: bamabelle1991

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
FIFY

Harsin just need to hit transfer portal between now and August, and I think he'll be fine.

Georgia got some situation they need to address. their Defense won't be elite and how they respond after winning championship is something to watch. I think Auburn will have between 4-6 losses this fall.

Worst case: 4 losses.
Best case: 7 losses.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Basically I think Missouri and Miss St could be the difference between a 3 win team and a 4 win team for Auburn. Sure it’s possible that they could luck into a 6 win season but that maybe their ceiling without major portal moves. I just don’t see it with this amount of dysfunction.

i usually refrain from picking losing seasons for Auburn but this maybe the easiest to pick.
I think they’ll resemble 2003 Alabama

• Thank You
Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He is already a horrible recruiter, and this crap happened. He will be lucky to get a good towel boy to come in from the transfer portal at this point. He is a lam

Georgia got some situation they need to address. their Defense won't be elite and how they respond after winning championship is something to watch.
They ain’t Beating Georgia. I don’t see many people outside of South Carolina and Oregon having a shot at beating them until Atlanta.

Best case: 4 losses.
Worst case: 7 losses.
automatic losses:

1) Bama
2) UGA
3) aTm
4) PSU
5) Ole Miss (they ain’t beating them this year)
6) Arkansas

Probable losses

7) LSU

Up in the air

Missouri and Miss St

Bama75&80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 5, 2019
Doesn't matter what they decided, they set back the program few years. Recruits is not coming to Auburn because of What BOT pulled. This give Harsbin time to find new job.. which I think he will. Whoever Auburn hire will have a huge mess on their hand and likely to depend on Transfer portal to fix the issue.
Depend or SPEND in the Transfer Portal🤪

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.