Has Alabama ruined college football for fans of other teams?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
So Alabama gets the job done and Mississippi State can't and they want to blame Alabama? That is not how this works.

Hey B1GTIde, let me ask you something.....has Michigan fans ever accused Ohio State of ruining college football for them?

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
I won’t forget the probation years. Im just going to cheer on my Tide as long as I can. The Tide is something of a natural phenomenon and it’s a beautiful thing to watch.

Now, one person Is logical over there somewhat, “It's weird because my gut answer is yes, but then I remember they've only won the West one of the last three years and it doesn't seem very sensical to say yes.’

Reactions: B1GTide

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Fans are funny at times ... it's seems like some can find it easier to blame the team that's been successful at winning for their woes verses developing a program that can compete to win ...

***EDIT ... also, wasn't this program just in contention for the West and for the national championship a few years back with Dak at the helm? It's not like this program can't be successful, they just haven't did the things necessary to keep the momentum going on they success.

Keep in mind, this was not the narrative for them after they beat LSU at the beginning of the season lol

I agree with CON, they are really sounding like LOSERS right now and thats definitely going to help the morale of their program.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
I personally don’t care what the final score of the game is as long as we win. That is the stat that everyone remembers. Wins equate to Championships. Also, I think that I enjoy watching a back and forth game more so than the 9-6 game in 2011 with LSU. Ultimately, just win! As a Bama lifelong Bama fan, I have always enjoyed watching our defense. Now I enjoy watching the offense as well.

Just win! Roll Tide!!!

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Question. If Saban is the Coach at MSU, do you think he would have the same success he has had at Bama? No way! His success is mutually dependent. Bama is a program that provides the best landscape for a coach to be successful. Adding the fact that there is no equal to Saban, well, you get what we have been blessed to witness during Saban’s time at Bama.

What is the common denominator with the two greatest coaches to ever coach college football? Roll Tide!!!!

Reactions: Bubbaloo

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So Alabama gets the job done and Mississippi State can't and they want to blame Alabama? That is not how this works.

Hey B1GTIde, let me ask you something.....has Michigan fans ever accused Ohio State of ruining college football for them?
Michigan fans think that we are cheating. You really can't get into a much deeper conversation about football with them than that. But, no, UM will sell out their stadium no matter what. They love their football up there.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
There are a lot of MSU engineers around here. In fact, the largest MSU alumni chapter outside the state of Mississippi is here. They are nice folk. One friend, whose dad was the Starkville HS coach and later principal, graduated there and has a PHD from UAH. One day, in a state of depression, he ticked off all of the disadvantages MSU had, even vis a vis Ole Miss. I had to agree. MSU's problem is not really Alabama...
So they are the barn of Mississippi?

I posted this in the Missouri thread but I will repeat it here. Mississippi State has one SEC football championship. It was in 1940. So the Civil War is closer in time to a Maroon championship than we are today.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I love that they repeated blame the SEC office and not their own ineptitude, incompetence, and just overall general inability to put something together that is enjoyable to watch. And their big solution to it all is make it a 16 team playoff that their crappy team still won't make.
And one of the more engaged posters said scholarships should be reduced to 60 to even the field out. Perfect examples of why Mississippi is last in everything.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
And one of the more engaged posters said scholarships should be reduced to 60 to even the field out. Perfect examples of why Mississippi is last in everything.
His "logic" is the dumbest thing I have ever read. If you are mediocre with 85 scholarships and everyone else also has 85 scholarships what the hell makes you think you will be any better with only 60?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.