Has anyone heard of Jalen White RB from Daleville?

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
I know its a 2A school but per max prep he is leading the nation in
rushing yards. Don't find anything about him in on ESPN or 247 Sports.
He has around 1700 yards rushing in 6 games.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Looking at his social media footprint, it looks like he wants to go to the other side of the state. He's lobbying them directly (the HC and the RB coach) on Twitter.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Looking at his social media footprint, it looks like he wants to go to the other side of the state. He's lobbying them directly (the HC and the RB coach) on Twitter.
Other side of the state? You mean Troy?

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
I've been told he has an offer from Troy but that is just from a friend that is a high school coach.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Other side of the state? You mean Troy?
I live in Tuscaloosa. Just a habit of centering everything here since I was referring the context of the post. But I was referring to that OTHER other school across the state from Tuscaloosa. [emoji16][emoji16]

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I live in Tuscaloosa. Just a habit of centering everything here since I was referring the context of the post. But I was referring to that OTHER other school across the state from Tuscaloosa. [emoji16][emoji16]
West Georgia...? :biggrin2:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He wants to be a Jag-u-ar???? Sweet -- Sun Belt Here He Comes ;)

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I saw on the local news this morning that he had 465 yards rushing this past week. I dont think he is any where near 6 feet tall more like 5'9"
I am from Enterprise which is about 7 miles from Daleville. I have a friend from Daleville who also played there and he works the chains for the home games. I ask him back in the middle of the week how tall he was and he said about 6 ft. Only smaller schools have shown interest to this point and he can't figure out why. We both seem to think he will get a lot of late interest.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I am from Enterprise which is about 7 miles from Daleville. I have a friend from Daleville who also played there and he works the chains for the home games. I ask him back in the middle of the week how tall he was and he said about 6 ft. Only smaller schools have shown interest to this point and he can't figure out why. We both seem to think he will get a lot of late interest.
From his first season CNS has preferred larger backs, even if they are a step slower. I cannot remember the RB who started his first year... but he was smaller and could be arm tackled. The next year the starter was Mark Ingram...along with others. I do see a difference, however, between small and short. A short, powerful and fast runner -- a la Mark Ingram -- is like trying to tackle a bowling ball. You can do it...but it hurts.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Terry Grant.

From his first season CNS has preferred larger backs, even if they are a step slower. I cannot remember the RB who started his first year... but he was smaller and could be arm tackled. The next year the starter was Mark Ingram...along with others. I do see a difference, however, between small and short. A short, powerful and fast runner -- a la Mark Ingram -- is like trying to tackle a bowling ball. You can do it...but it hurts.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So he has offers from AAMU, North Alabama, South Alabama, Tennessee State. His dream school is Oregon Duck...
White has emerged as a bona fide Mr. Football candidate and a rising star in recruiting circles. He holds offers from South Alabama, North Alabama, Alabama A&M and Tennessee State and said he’s received recent interest from Florida, Tennessee, Maryland and other Power 5 schools.
https://www.al.com/highschoolsports...unning-back-chasing-state-rushing-record.html

I just hit up a friend who knows stuff regarding AAMU recruiting. I'll see what's the word on him.

If he ends up at Power 5 schools, it probably will be as PWO. He's probably better off going to school like AAMU. Look up Jordan Bentley for AAMU he has done extremely well and probably will find a spot in NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.