Heisman Conversation

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
He’s getting some attention from talking heads, but likely won’t from actual voters. The award is little more than a popularity contest at this point.

No matter how dominant they are, defenders will always have too big of a hill to climb. They have one quiet game and are forgotten. Another example is Jordan Davis at UGA. He was starting to get some hype a couple of weeks ago, but never cracked the projected top 10.

Meanwhile Caleb Williams is now projected as a top 5 vote getter and he hasn’t even played the full season.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Idk who is going to win. Michigan State's RB probably has the inside track.

Idk if Bryce can win it unless he goes off vs Auburn and then Georgia.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if somehow they give it to Caleb Williams

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
He’s getting some attention from talking heads, but likely won’t from actual voters. The award is little more than a popularity contest at this point.

No matter how dominant they are, defenders will always have too big of a hill to climb. They have one quiet game and are forgotten. Another example is Jordan Davis at UGA. He was starting to get some hype a couple of weeks ago, but never cracked the projected top 10.

Meanwhile Caleb Williams is now projected as a top 5 vote getter and he hasn’t even played the full season.
Love Caleb Williams, but there's no way he sniffs this year's Heisman – nor should he.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is the season in which the voters go for story over results. Dont be surprised if somehow someone comes out of nowhere or another random position player wins it. This feels like the RGIII type year for Heisman.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is the season in which the voters go for story over results. Dont be surprised if somehow someone comes out of nowhere or another random position player wins it. This feels like the RGIII type year for Heisman.
I tend to agree at this point. That's why I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that Caleb Williams ends up winning it.

It's a very odd Heisman year

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I tend to agree at this point. That's why I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that Caleb Williams ends up winning it.

It's a very odd Heisman year
IDK that one may be a stretch with how people are viewing Oklahoma right now, but its certainty possible. I was more referring to someone like Anderson or someone that had a big moment

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
IDK that one may be a stretch with how people are viewing Oklahoma right now, but its certainty possible. I was more referring to someone like Anderson or someone that had a big moment
I don't think he should be seen as a favorite but media types have been hyping him since he stepped foot on the field which makes me thinks he has a real shot if he has big games vs Baylor and OKstate.

I could see Anderson having a shot if he has some big moments. I still think it will be hard for a defensive player to win though.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Love Caleb Williams, but there's no way he sniffs this year's Heisman – nor should he.
Agreed. That’s why I used him as an example. He’s a guy who doesn’t start until 3-4 games into the season and is in a historically insane offense for QB stats. I think having him in the top 5 for now is asinine.

With that said, don’t underestimate the love Heisman voters have for flashy QB’s from Oklahoma. Oklahoma also has a backloaded schedule, so he’ll get plenty of prime time action the last month. With no other runaway favorites, he could make a huge push up the polls if he has a strong finish to the season.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think the push behind someone like the OU QB is that Bryce hasn't had that WOW game, and he is the only obvious candidate at the moment. I don't think voters really want to vote for him right now, or I should say, the sports media driving the narratives really don't want him to win right now.

If he goes out and has a 350 yard, 4 TD game against Auburn, and then has at least a good game against Georgia, he will win it going away. If he has a good game against Georgia and we win the game, he will win a landslide.

If he doesn't have good games against Auburn and/or Georgia, and especially if we lose to AU, they'll give it to someone else for sure. And, at that point, I wouldn't argue that much.

As I said earlier, it is his to win or lose. Much like Tua in 2018, although there is no Kylar Murray on his heels at the moment.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If there was ever a year that a defensive players going to win it, this is the year. You can make a case for Will Anderson and Jordan Davis. They are probably the two best players in the country on either side of the ball.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
A little but he still has the Ohio State game to make a statement and there is no clear leader taking the Heisman.
Two games will be huge, and one is only hypothetical at this point.

Alabama vs. Georgia and Michigan St. vs. Ohio State.

Both those games will have massive title implications and give the respective player a chance in the spotlight. I will be cheering for Michigan St. strictly for Alabama purposes, but a loss there would be really bad for his Heisman hopes.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Two games will be huge, and one is only hypothetical at this point.

Alabama vs. Georgia and Michigan St. vs. Ohio State.

Both those games will have massive title implications and give the respective player a chance in the spotlight. I will be cheering for Michigan St. strictly for Alabama purposes, but a loss there would be really bad for his Heisman hopes.
I dunno- if Walker goes off for 200 in a loss, I don’t think it hurts his chances. Unlike a qb, he doesn’t touch the ball on every play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.