Heisman Conversation

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
He's been phenomenal but there's no existing narrative and he hasn't had a "Heisman moment." I think we'd all agree any defensive player is, at best, a very very long shot.
I was responding the the part of the comment about the Michigan LB...They're in Bold...apologies for any confusion.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If Alabama beats UGA, Young will deserve the HEISMAN.
I'm still waiting for the first Alabama QB to win it, but the game is high risk/high reward. If he plays poorly in a loss (really fairly likely give the defense Georgia has) then it might cost him the trophy. If he plays well in a loss, or if he leads Alabama to victory even if he struggles some I think he gets it.

But they'll be looking for an excuse not to give him the Heisman.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He deserves it anyways but there are quite a few voters who will probably try to get behind other campaigns.
There already are those types. Desmond Howard is now pushing for a michigan player to win it. (shocker I know). I haven't heard this guy's name all year but he scored one more than Al Bundy and now he is the best thing ever.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The updated top eight Heisman candidates, according to BetMGM's odds:
  • Alabama QB Bryce Young: 1-2
  • Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud: 9-2
  • Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett: 16-1
  • Michigan State RB Kenneth Walker III: 20-1
  • Ole Miss QB Matt Corral: 25-1
  • Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson: 25-1
  • Georgia DT Jordan Davis: 40-1
  • Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder: 50-1

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The updated top eight Heisman candidates, according to BetMGM's odds:
  • Alabama QB Bryce Young: 1-2
  • Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud: 9-2
  • Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett: 16-1
  • Michigan State RB Kenneth Walker III: 20-1
  • Ole Miss QB Matt Corral: 25-1
  • Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson: 25-1
  • Georgia DT Jordan Davis: 40-1
  • Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder: 50-1
It's absolutely LAUGHABLE that Will Anderson isn't even on the board yet Jordan Davis and Aiden Hutchinson are....

What has Jordan Davis done? He's barely on in the Top 10 of UGA TEAM leaders for Sacks and TFL's.

Get out of here with that garbage.

Aidan Hutchinson: 13.0 Sacks (3rd NCAA) for 63 Yards (23rd NCAA) and 14.5 TFL's (26th NCAA) for 65 Yards (41st NCAA)

Will Anderson: 14.5 Sacks (1st NCAA) for 90 Yards (3rd NCAA) and 29.5 TFL's (1st NCAA) for 126 Yards (1st NCAA)

If ANYONE on Defense should be getting attention it should be Will Anderson.

Those odds are just absolutely ridiculous.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's absolutely LAUGHABLE that Will Anderson isn't even on the board yet Jordan Davis and Aiden Hutchinson are....
Everyone knows it's all about perception and what the media hypes. David is "Godzilla" so people know him. Of course, he has as much chance of winning as I do.

The fact that Stroud is the closest competitor (on this betting site) is a good sign for Young. At this point, it's time to be realistic - I'd rather Young win it than any non-Bama player, and there's ≈0% chance Anderson wins it.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017

What has Jordan Davis done? He's barely on in the Top 10 of UGA TEAM leaders for Sacks and TFL's.

Get out of here with that garbage.

Aidan Hutchinson: 13.0 Sacks (3rd NCAA) for 63 Yards (23rd NCAA) and 14.5 TFL's (26th NCAA) for 65 Yards (41st NCAA)

Will Anderson: 14.5 Sacks (1st NCAA) for 90 Yards (3rd NCAA) and 29.5 TFL's (1st NCAA) for 126 Yards (1st NCAA)

If ANYONE on Defense should be getting attention it should be Will Anderson.

Those odds are just absolutely ridiculous.
Heisman = ridiculous = odds!!!! Cyclic!!!!

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
If there were any doubts or reasons for young to not win the heisman, I feel that the voters will have a real tough time if the spurn him. Every year some of the voters turn in ballots early or really do not watch the games, which I think is ridiculous because it is an honor or should be treated as one to be a voter. The BAMA sec hate runs deep so best not to put things into their hands per se and his performance tonight was incredible as well as the entire offense especially the oline. RTR

Reactions: Rolltidegirl205

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
If there were any doubts or reasons for young to not win the heisman, I feel that the voters will have a real tough time if the spurn him. Every year some of the voters turn in ballots early or really do not watch the games, which I think is ridiculous because it is an honor or should be treated as one to be a voter. The BAMA sec hate runs deep so best not to put things into their hands per se and his performance tonight was incredible as well as the entire offense especially the oline. RTR
He should get the South vote as well as the West coast vote...only danger is whether he and Will Anderson split the South vote too much...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.