Heisman Conversation

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
If there were any doubts or reasons for young to not win the heisman, I feel that the voters will have a real tough time if the spurn him. Every year some of the voters turn in ballots early or really do not watch the games, which I think is ridiculous because it is an honor or should be treated as one to be a voter. The BAMA sec hate runs deep so best not to put things into their hands per se and his performance tonight was incredible as well as the entire offense especially the oline. RTR
I included a quote from an interview with a voter which is representative of exactly what I was talking about regarding the need for changing some of parameters requirements and or protocol for being a voter.

“Graham Couch of the Lansing State Journal columnist explained why Anderson was not one of the players he voted for inside the top four. He said he was not able to see the Crimson Tide star enough this season.

“The problem with the Heisman is that it’s a QB and momentum award,” Couch said in a tweet on Monday. “Most voters – myself included – aren’t able to see enough or sophisticated enough to determine the most outstanding player in CFB. Will Anderson is likely the best player in the sport. But I didn’t see him enough.” “

We are practically on national tv every week. With online streaming how could access be any easier?

I also asked earlier why anderson was not talked about more than hutchinson or was I being a homer because to me if bryce were to have any competition especially from a defensive player please tell me this year who is more deserving to be included in the conversation other than Anderson? He leads the nation in sacks, is on the verge of breaking the all time ncaa record for tfls well more than the other comp, and has more tackles than hutchinson and jordan combined. In other words the main and or primarily focused upon measurables.

This year if it were to come to two players like I felt last year it should be young and anderson much like it should have been mac and smitty in my opinion, yes lawrence was ahead of mac somehow last year which is why it is imo.

BAMA hate or fatigue how ever you want to label it exists and is real.

RTR

Last edited:

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I included a quote from an interview with a voter which is representative of exactly what I was talking about regarding the need for changing some of parameters requirements and or protocol for being a voter.

“Graham Couch of the Lansing State Journal columnist explained why Anderson was not one of the players he voted for inside the top four. He said he was not able to see the Crimson Tide star enough this season.

“The problem with the Heisman is that it’s a QB and momentum award,” Couch said in a tweet on Monday. “Most voters – myself included – aren’t able to see enough or sophisticated enough to determine the most outstanding player in CFB. Will Anderson is likely the best player in the sport. But I didn’t see him enough.” “

We are practically on national tv every week. With online streaming how could access be any easier?

I also asked earlier why anderson was not talked about more than hutchinson or was I being a homer because to me if bryce were to have any competition especially from a defensive player please tell me this year who is more deserving to be included in the conversation other than Anderson? He leads the nation in sacks, is on the verge of breaking the all time ncaa record for tfls well more than the other comp, and has more tackles than hutchinson and jordan combined. In other words the main and or primarily focused upon measurables.

This year if it were to come to two players like I felt last year it should be young and anderson much like it should have been mac and smitty in my opinion, yes lawrence was ahead of mac somehow last year which is why it is imo.

RTR
Couch said he voted BY in first place, but he didn't see W. Anderson enough? :unsure:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

IMG_2792.jpeg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
If that isn’t the sign of the need for a new system of deciding who gets to vote or having a defined protocol and adherence check type situation then what is lol. Even the cfp committee watched the conference championship games together, before deciding the final 4.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Didn't see him enough????? Start typing Will's name in Youtube search and the first thing that is listed is "Will Anderson Highlights." What a copout...

Reactions: B1GTide

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
At least he voted for BY in first. He’s from Lansing so he’s a homer. Plenty of Bama homers that vote in this state, Paul Finebaum has admitted as much in years past.

I want BY to win so I’m kind of glad there are not 2 Bama players potentially splitting votes. Sucks for Will Anderson though because he deserves the recognition. I liked someone’s idea I saw the other day, maybe earlier in this thread. There should be a Heisman for offense and defense.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
When you get most of your exposure to CFB players through ESPN highlights, you are going to see more of the explosive offensive plays. You aren't going to see 12 tackles and the sack that stopped an opponent's drive, breaking their will. It's not that Bama isn't on TV. One person can only watch so many games.

Reactions: bamaclimber

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
If he truly didn’t see Will enough to be informed about his amazing ability…..it’s only because he chose not to take the responsibility of his position seriously enough to do even the most rudimentary research about the top players in the country.
Exactly. Clearly this guy isn't serious about covering college football. I mean I watch games every week that aren't Alabama or SEC games and I don't get paid for it or vote for any awards. I actually blame the Heisman committee for allowing people like this to vote on the award. I'm sure there are plenty that are even worse in terms of how much attention they pay to the games.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

RTR
If, by your own admission, you “aren’t sophisticated enough to determine the most outstanding player in CFB,” you shouldn’t have a vote.

The maroon just DQ’d himself

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.