Heisman finalists just announced

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Good for Jalen...and Burrow. Joe transferred to LSU, then directed a terrible offense to the best of his ability for a couple of years. He took a lot of punishment and kept on playing. This year all of his hard work has paid off...in a big way. Good for Joe.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I haven't heard Jalen and Heisman in the same sentence in 2 months. It's nice to see him get the invite. He has put up absolutely monster numbers (better than Mayfield or Murray before him) but he lost a game, and he's become somewhat turnover prone. Burrow has done something very few SEC QBs have ever done and has been all the rage for those same past 2 months. I would be absolutely shocked if he did not win it in a landslide. Maybe the biggest landslide of all time. Jalen may, probably should, finish 2nd.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Crazy that he is the NCAA sack leader in spite of that, right?
I am actually glad there is a defensive player as one of the finalist but I wish all awards would be after the season. The Heisman usually goes to a QB or RB but we know the sack leader won't win it. He will clean up on the other awards.

Reactions: B1GTide

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I don't understand why Tua's injury made him not one of the best players. If Burrow had gotten hurt would he not be included?
No. And that's no knock on either Tua or Burrow. Jalen would also have not finished high in the voting had he missed the last couple of games due to injury. Just the way it's done.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
It's a great honor for Jalen and the OU program. It will make 4 straight years we have had a player there. He is most deserving but I agree he is probably going to finish 2nd. Even so, what he has accomplished at our 2 programs is unprecedented.
Yes, Burrow will win the award – and deservedly so. But Jalen definitely deserves to be among the top three vote-getters IMO.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think all three QBs being transfers will only encourage more kids to transfer.
Wouldn't go that far as a indicator of Heisman potential ... had more guys that transferred this year and in the past that wasnt as successful ... these three are honestly the exception. Hate to play the card but if Tua remained healthy the whole season, I'm not sure if Fields gets invited.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Wouldn't go that far as a indicator of Heisman potential ... had more guys that transferred this year and in the past that wasnt as successful ... these three are honestly the exception. Hate to play the card but if Tua remained healthy the whole season, I'm not sure if Fields gets invited.
Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray were also transfers and won it.

The transfer rule may be changed over the offseason from what I have read. Not sure what the changes will be though. I just hope it does not affect any of our QB next year. It would be nice to keep them all. :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The transfer rule may be changed over the offseason from what I have read. Not sure what the changes will be though. I just hope it does not affect any of our QB next year. It would be nice to keep them all. :)
From what I am hearing, the changes being discussed are focused on keeping players from quitting on their team if the season goes south. I have no idea how they can manage that, but it is tied more to the 4 game redshirt rule that was openly abused in Houston this year.

Maybe they say that a player cannot use both in the same year - 4 game redshirt & transfer portal?

Reactions: Saban4Ever

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
But according to Chase Young, Chase Young is the most dominant player in college football. That has to count for something, right???
I will say this: he commands attention from 2 and most of the time 3 players in passing situations. You will have to double him and most leave a back in to help. That's pretty sporty right there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.