Henry Ruggs III involved in serious car accident (Update: To be charged with DUI resulting in death)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is from a Raiders board discussing salary cap money. A guy posted the below link and a snippet of the article discussing Ruggs more than likely "voided" contract. By the time his lawyers get paid, and all the other outstanding debt he probably owes, he will be broke.

Ruggs Contract
The Raiders will almost certainly look to void the remainder of Ruggs's contract. The receiver had signed a four-year, $16.67 million deal that was fully guaranteed.
However, the team can void both the remainder of the deal and a portion of the signing bonus due to his conduct. If the Raiders do void the contract, they'll recoup
$5.76 million of future salary guarantees, per Spotrac. They'll also likely try and recover some or all of his $6.18 million signing bonus. All together, Ruggs will only
receive about $4.73 million from his contract, missing out on close to 72% of the total.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is from a Raiders board discussing salary cap money. A guy posted the below link and a snippet of the article discussing Ruggs more than likely "voided" contract. By the time his lawyers get paid, and all the other outstanding debt he probably owes, he will be broke.

Ruggs Contract
At least he is alive. There is something good that can come of this and I can only hope that Henry humbles himself and takes the right path.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Here is a young man who has been paid millions of dollars and had a great future playing football. Unfortunately, he was just not mature enough to handle it all and purchased a flashy sports car, drank to excess, and the combination was lethal. I believe his lack of judgment will be costly both monetarily and time. I pray for him, his family, and especially for the family of the young lady who lost her life.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Here is a young man who has been paid millions of dollars and had a great future playing football. Unfortunately, he was just not mature enough to handle it all and purchased a flashy sports car, drank to excess, and the combination was lethal. I believe his lack of judgment will be costly both monetarily and time. I pray for him, his family, and especially for the family of the young lady who lost her life.
I think you're right about costing him time. I have a feeling (and I may end up being wrong) that Ruggs is going to get significant time (20 years or more) for this. I to pray for him, his family, and all of those whose life this impacted. A LOT of lessons to be learned in this sad situation.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
I think you're right about costing him time. I have a feeling (and I may end up being wrong) that Ruggs is going to get significant time (20 years or more) for this. I to pray for him, his family, and all of those whose life this impacted. A LOT of lessons to be learned in this sad situation.
In the DC area a first offense DUI resulting in death is normally around 10 yrs, give or take. Such a horrible tragedy …sickening to think about.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In the DC area a first offense DUI resulting in death is normally around 10 yrs, give or take. Such a horrible tragedy …sickening to think about.
About the same here, but add the speed that he was driving and he would get more.

Reactions: tideindc

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Did Ruggs complete his eligibility at Bama and/or complete his degree? If so, what was his degree in? I expect him to get at least 10 years so wondering if he has anything but football he can use to restart his life when he gets out.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Did Ruggs complete his eligibility at Bama and/or complete his degree? If so, what was his degree in? I expect him to get at least 10 years so wondering if he has anything but football he can use to restart his life when he gets out.
He was at Bama 3 years.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Blood alcohol test results will be allowed in court as evidence for prosecution. This isn't going to end well for Ruggs. But, he did it to himself.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Blood alcohol test results will be allowed in court as evidence for prosecution. This isn't going to end well for Ruggs. But, he did it to himself.

I know he was one of ours, but he deserves prison time for this. No slap on the wrist. He was reckless careless and stupid. Hopefully he learns from this.

Reactions: AlBamaWagg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.