Link: Herb Jones drafted 35th to the Pelicans

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
How sad. Didn’t even know the draft was last night.
I posted it yesterday in one of the other posts but in hindsight, I should have made it a separate thread. Plus the expansion talk has kinda dominated things.

It was a good night for the good guys, Primo had to be one of the biggest surprises going at 12 ... last check most believe he would go late first round to thr Nuggets. Herb going 35 was huge as well, definitely proud of both our guys! Herb definitely put it the work for this.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I posted it yesterday in one of the other posts but in hindsight, I should have made it a separate thread. Plus the expansion talk has kinda dominated things.

It was a good night for the good guys, Primo had to be one of the biggest surprises going at 12 ... last check most believe he would go late first round to thr Nuggets. Herb going 35 was huge as well, definitely proud of both our guys! Herb definitely put it the work for this.
They should have waited until at least the Olympics was over. Even if the expansion talk had not happened, it still would have been the third story of the sports news. Olympics, baseball trade deadline were bigger stories than the NBA draft.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A couple of years ago, Herb was one of the worst shooters I've ever seen at Bama. He only stayed on the court because of his high B-ball I.Q., hustle and grit.

But when he came back last year with a better shooting touch, it was obvious his potential was about to skyrocket.

I think he'll be a great NBA player because he's the definition of a team player!

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
A couple of years ago, Herb was one of the worst shooters I've ever seen at Bama. He only stayed on the court because of his high B-ball I.Q., hustle and grit.

But when he came back last year with a better shooting touch, it was obvious his potential was about to skyrocket.

I think he'll be a great NBA player because he's the definition of a team player!
If my memory is correct out of the quartet of Sexton, Petty, Reese, and Herb, Herb was the first one to hit a 3 point shot in his very first game against Memphis. He had flashes of being a good offensive player his first couple of seasons which is why he was considered a potential first round draft pick as a freshman. Against OU that year he scored double digits to go along with his usual great defensive play. I always thought it was a matter of confidence with him.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.