Herschel is getting a thread

Diogenes

3rd Team
Jul 7, 2021
Chase Oliver (Libertarian Party) is the other guy.
Here’s the libertarian platform

1.7 Crime and Justice

Therefore, we favor the repeal of all laws creating “crimes” without victims, such as gambling, the use of drugs for medicinal or recreational purposes, and consensual transactions involving sexual services.

2.14 Retirement and Income Security

Retirement planning is the responsibility of the individual, not the government. Libertarians would phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system

3.1 National Defense

We support the maintenance of a sufficient military to defend the United States against aggression. The United States should both avoid entangling alliances

3.3 International Affairs

American foreign policy should emphasize peace with all nations, entangling alliances with none. We would end the current U.S. government policies of foreign intervention including military and economic aid; tariffs; economic sanctions; and regime change.

3.4 Free Trade and Migration

We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

1.7 Crime and Justice

Therefore, we favor the repeal of all laws creating “crimes” without victims, such as gambling, the use of drugs for medicinal or recreational purposes, and consensual transactions involving sexual services.

Retirement planning is the responsibility of the individual, not the government. Libertarians would phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system

3.1 National Defense

We support the maintenance of a sufficient military to defend the United States against aggression. The United States should both avoid entangling alliances

American foreign policy should emphasize peace with all nations, entangling alliances with none. We would end the current U.S. government policies of foreign intervention including military and economic aid; tariffs; economic sanctions; and regime change.

We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders.
I kow all of the libertarian platforms. So what? I don't agree with everything. Do you agree with every single thing the Ds or Rs?

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
For this government and social platform to work, you would have to expect other countries to adhere to the same philosophy. This is panacea, imo.

So long as their authoritarian governments in the world, libertarianism is not viable.

1.7 Crime and Justice

3.1 National Defense

Reactions: 92tide

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Starting to think Thanos could run as a democrat and some of you would still vote for him. As long as he has that D next to his name. This goes double for Republicans.
All true, but one must admit that the civil cold-war taking place within the GOP could completely change the dynamics of how Republicans vote in the near future. Or if there will even BE a party left after all is said and done. I'll be following this story line with a great deal of interest. I think the real tale of the tape will be seeing how the MAGA candidates fare in the generals. Yeah, they've won more primaries than most people expected, but winning primaries doesn't mean a damn thing if you're just going to lose in the general.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
All true, but one must admit that the civil cold-war taking place within the GOP could completely change the dynamics of how Republicans vote in the near future. Or if there will even BE a party left after all is said and done. I'll be following this story line with a great deal of interest. I think the real tale of the tape will be seeing how the MAGA candidates fare in the generals. Yeah, they've won more primaries than most people expected, but winning primaries doesn't mean a damn thing if you're just going to lose in the general.
Plus I wonder if there were any Ds that voted for Walker as a joke to ensure Warnock any easy win? In Georgia they allow you to only vote democrat, republican or nonpartisan. If you pick nonpartisan you can't vote in either primary.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Plus I wonder if there were any Ds that voted for Walker as a joke to ensure Warnock any easy win? In Georgia they allow you to only vote democrat, republican or nonpartisan. If you pick nonpartisan you can't vote in either primary.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised. As a rule, I'm a third-party voter and I don't live in GA, so obviously I won't be voting for either of these clods. I expect Warnock to win, but at this point, literally nothing would shock me. If Walker actually wins, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Starting to think Thanos could run as a democrat and some of you would still vote for him. As long as he has that D next to his name. This goes double for Republicans.
for right now absolutely I will only vote for people with a D next to their name, if the GQP ever moves back from absolute crazy I may get back to what I used to do, third party, sometimes R sometimes D. For now however the stakes are too high to risk putting Q-nuts in office

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
for right now absolutely I will only vote for people with a D next to their name, if the GQP ever moves back from absolute crazy I may get back to what I used to do, third party, sometimes R sometimes D. For now however the stakes are too high to risk putting Q-nuts in office
Well said @Jon well said

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.