Houston QB D’Eriq King and WR Keith Corbin will sit out 2019 and return to UH in 2020

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Not a fan of the red shirt and transfer rules as they sit right now. Being manipulated by players and coaches. Would love to see NCAA fix the rules this off season.
As usual, a rule with good intentions leads to unintended consequences.

The transfer portal just gave visibility to those considering transfer. The problem is the NCAA passing out waivers hand over fist.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Lincoln Riley and Oeaux will be all over this. Riley never met a transfer portal QB he didn't love. And wouldn't know a defense from a picket fence.

Would be hilarious of King ends up somewhere BESIDES those two places. I even saw someone mention Arkansas, because of the tie between King and Kendal Briles.
Yep was noticing that too ... not sure why he would waste his time leaving one program to go to a program that's a non-contender next season. Anything is possible (sansLSU) but really doubt Arky would be a program that turns it around that quick.

OU already has QBs in tow, the word is the same with LSU ... so not seeing how they would benefit from him going to either schools. I'll guess we'll find out.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Yep was noticing that too ... not sure why he would waste his time leaving one program to go to a program that's a non-contender next season. Anything is possible (sansLSU) but really doubt Arky would be a program that turns it around that quick.

OU already has QBs in tow, the word is the same with LSU ... so not seeing how they would benefit from him going to either schools. I'll guess we'll find out.
I read a Bleacher Report article in the news... LSU coaches were asked if their QB for next year was already on the roster. The coach said, "We'll see". He then admitted they have looked into the transfer portal for someone who can play immediately and be effective in the offense to compete with who is on the roster.

I think King will go there. Just my opinion. I don't believe it is a coincidence that King posted on twitter during the LSU game that he is in the transfer portal.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I read a Bleacher Report article in the news... LSU coaches were asked if their QB for next year was already on the roster. The coach said, "We'll see". He then admitted they have looked into the transfer portal for someone who can play immediately and be effective in the offense to compete with who is on the roster.

I think King will go there. Just my opinion. I don't believe it is a coincidence that King posted on twitter during the LSU game that he is in the transfer portal.
Maybe, but with Brady leaving...

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Lincoln Riley really can’t afford another transfer QB if he wants to win any recruiting battle in the future. What QB will sign with you only to sit Year after year with a transfer taking the job?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Lincoln Riley really can’t afford another transfer QB if he wants to win any recruiting battle in the future. What QB will sign with you only to sit Year after year with a transfer taking the job?
I think the luster is fading a bit on ole Lincoln given the results of his last two playoff berths. I think he will take every transfer QB he can get to prop up his offense until he gets an NFL offer so he can get out of Dodge on a high note.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Lincoln Riley and Oeaux will be all over this. Riley never met a transfer portal QB he didn't love. And wouldn't know a defense from a picket fence.

Would be hilarious of King ends up somewhere BESIDES those two places. I even saw someone mention Arkansas, because of the tie between King and Kendal Briles.
Riley has the heir apparent at QB already on the roster. Rattler, I believe.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The same goes for Georgia ... will be interesting to see what D'Wan Mathis and early enrollee Carson Beck do, just don't see both staying with them bringing in Newman from Wake Forest.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

If he does, they will most likely go through another cycle of losing QBs they recruited again. Same thing happened when Burrow came. That's not a system you can count on to be consistently successful ... the team from West Georgia can attest to that.

Keldeo

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2018
North Little Rock , AR

247 puts LSU as the most likely destination with Arkansas not to far behind and a big gap to the rest which are Miami, Oregon, FSU, Michigan ST and Oklahoma.

Personally I don't think he's heading to LSU because they are not a RPO team and he'll have to battle with Myles Brennan who LSU seems to be all in on him. Even LSU fans are saying that its extremely unlikely he beats out Brennan.

Most likely its either Arkansas, Oklahoma or Oregon

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.