Houston QB D’Eriq King and WR Keith Corbin will sit out 2019 and return to UH in 2020

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
That is odd. I wonder what is really going on?. They want to bail on this losing team and play for a better one next year?

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
If UH let's them sit and red shirt there is no guarantee that they will not transfer if they get their degree. I would not trust them to come back. There needs to be a way if they don't come back that they have to pay back their scholarship.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If the coaches are not the ones behind this then they should be kicked off the team. IMO, if they stay, that proves that the coaches are behind this.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I can't believe these players will let themselves be further taken advantage of by the evils of college football...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
King has said he is coming back.

A lot of people are wondering that if King does indeed leave, will he end up in Norman, Ok?
Which then brings up the question “Given that now for five years a transfer qb has gotten the starting nod (Mayfield for three and Murray and Hurts one each), wouldn’t a highly regarded high school qb prospect have second thoughts about considering the Sooners? I get they had two Heisman QBs in a row and Hurts in now in the discussion, but none of them were part of the program as a freshman. If that does happen with King, you can bet Ratter is in the portal quicker than you can sing the first line of “Oklahoma”.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
And if he does end up at OU they will have a really hard time getting another HS qb to come to OU. That would be two straight recruits that Riley would have passed over for free agents...yeah I said it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanM

Suspended
Sep 14, 2019
Just as many predicted when this stupid transfer portal crap was being debated, it would just open CFB up to free agency.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
This entire story seems weird to me.

I read an article on ESPN. The Houston coach was interviewed. To me, it seems like he is okay with it and seemed to suggest that he needs a team with experienced 5th year players/older players. This seemed to be one of the reasons these 2 players are redshirting. Holgorsen even said something to the effect of , "I imagine the NCAA did not think the rule would be used like this but I'm trying to change things around here.. "

Saban was right about the transfer portal causing issues sometimes. I wonder if NCAA will change the rules for next year.

I bet they don't even come back next year to Houston.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.