How Brian Daboll has helped Jalen Hurts, Alabama's underappreciated leader

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Good Read.

Living up to his billing as a workaholic and as someone committed to player development, this former New England Patriots assistant has helped Hurts reach this point.Hurts is showing week-by-week that he's a much better passer than he often gets credit for, thanks largely to Daboll's teaching and play-calling. And thanks largely to Hurts, Daboll has the No. 1 scoring offense in the SEC. And continues to learn more about the Houston rap scene than he probably thought he would when he first arrived in Tuscaloosa.
"We're on the same page on a lot of things and we push ourselves to do great things," Hurts said. "Our perspective, him being the OC, me being the quarterback, we push each other and we just have a good bond.

mash here

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Jalen Hurts may be underappreciated by the outside world, but Bama fans know how good he is and how good he has become. His ability to remain calm in a storm is his best asset, but his feet and arm are not bad either .

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
Really good insight; JH has definitely improved... and made me look a bit better, as I have been telling folks since spring of last year the Hurts was going to be a top Bama QB ;-)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Kid has lost one game as a starter, the NC game against Clemson and their great QB. 24-1 not bad for a QB at any level, much less playing at Bama. He is most underrated QB in the country. He does not have the huge stats, as most games he plays only 2-3 qrts. But he does one thing well, WIN. OU can have their show boat guy I would choose Jalen over any QB period. Kid is cool as a cucumber under the biggest pressure games out there.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.