How do we get a presidential candidate who will get (almost) the entire country behind him/her?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Former poster Valujet died a couple weeks ago. There is a thread about it on the prayer requests board, for those who missed it.
I'm really sorry to hear this. I had no idea....:(

Valujet was a good dude!

Had a fantastic avatar and I'll never for get his "Rolleth"!

Will try to pay appropriate homage again during football season.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm really sorry to hear this. I had no idea....:(

Valujet was a good dude!

Had a fantastic avatar and I'll never for get his "Rolleth"!

Will try to pay appropriate homage again during football season.
I almost started a thread here about it but wasn’t sure if it was appropriate. But after the mention of other former posters I decided to include it in this thread.

I don’t know if his withdrawal from the board was health related but I guess it doesn’t matter.

RIP VJ Rolleth on.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I almost started a thread here about it but wasn’t sure if it was appropriate. But after the mention of other former posters I decided to include it in this thread.

I don’t know if his withdrawal from the board was health related but I guess it doesn’t matter.

RIP VJ Rolleth on.
His legacy will live on with arguably one of the - if not the - best avatar/slogans ever to exist on this forum.

We've lost some good people over the years.

I always enjoyed Rogue Elephant's posts and remember when he stopped posting it was very sad.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I voted for the libertarian candidate in '16. Figured he'd have enough checks & balances to keep him somewhere in the middle.
I did as well, but those candidates, the ‘what is Aleppo‘ guy and the Bat Lady were in way over their heads. I do think a more centrist third party is viable, probably never see it in our lifetimes.

Reactions: MobtownK

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
I did as well, but those candidates, the ‘what is Aleppo‘ guy and the Bat Lady were in way over their heads. I do think a more centrist third party is viable, probably never see it in our lifetimes.

I'd think I'd like to see a centrist 3rd party become strong enough to win enough seats to keep either the R's or D's from getting a majority in Congress...so that either one would have to seek the support of the centrist party to get anything done
Don't think I'll see it though... and not sure it would work as described...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So, I guess I'm cynical, but the only thing I see changing with putting younger people in is going from one extreme to another. The Baby Boomers have driven a "more money, more money, more money" society, and from what I gather in my small part of the map (when dealing with the "younger" folks) is they are more than ready to go to the other extreme. I fully recognize my opinion is formed out of my surroundings and experiences which may not be other peoples', but that also applies to all of us.
I'm not suggesting an extreme - a POTUS and leaders in congress in their 60's would be a fresh of breath air (mentally) compared to what we've had for some time now.

We don't have to elect people in their 30's to avoid the pitfalls that come with people who are literally in mental decline.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Another Johnson voter here. It really didn’t matter in Alabama but I just couldn’t vote for Clinton.

Johnson was a nice guy and probably a fine governor of New Mexico but not cut out for the big stage.

A third party would be nice but that isn’t happening in my lifetime and probably not in my yet to be conceived grandkids’ lives. The only ones who ever get any traction are led by someone on an ego trip. Once he moves on, the movement dies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Another Johnson voter here. It really didn’t matter in Alabama but I just couldn’t vote for Clinton.

Johnson was a nice guy and probably a fine governor of New Mexico but not cut out for the big stage.

A third party would be nice but that isn’t happening in my lifetime and probably not in my yet to be conceived grandkids’ lives. The only ones who ever get any traction are led by someone on an ego trip. Once he moves on, the movement dies.
After Johnson made some really stupid statements. I just wrote in Nick Saban . Really each party couldn’t have picked a worse candidate to represent them.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It’s not about only Trump. Any thinking person can see he’s a dangerous buffoon, and not that smart.

It’s been about other stuff as well. For example, who should bear the risk of default on student loan debt, whether student loans should be forgiven, how healthcare should be delivered, and who should pay for it, among other Issues.

Discussions around several topics having nothing to do with Donald Trump have gotten hyperbolic, nasty and personal.

This thread is actually an interesting microcosm. We go from the opening post asking whether any Presidential candidate can substantially unite the country, to questioning Wesley Britt’s fitness as a husband.
I’m sorry but both Britts made a pilgrimage to kiss Trump’s ring at the same time Trump was praising Putin. If you want to appeal to him and his followers, then you get credit.
my remark was…what self respecting husband takes his wife to an audience with a pervert who is on record bragging about grabbing women by the genitals. yes, that’s harsh. Supporting Putin in any fashion, even indirectly, is also harsh in my humble opinion.

I don’t recall these nasty hyperbolic threads you don’t like. The board is well moderated and personal attacks are not tolerated. I don’t read everything written, I must miss that kind of stuff. Overall, I think this board has a good set of posters and the tone is not nearly as awful as you seem to suggest.

im sorry if my own posting style puts you off, I don’t mean to discourage anyone from joining in. Try to join the discussion, and ease up on focusing on criticizing what you don’t like, and give it a go.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I’m sorry but both Britts made a pilgrimage to kiss Trump’s ring at the same time Trump was praising Putin. If you want to appeal to him and his followers, then you get credit.
my remark was…what self respecting husband takes his wife to an audience with a pervert who is on record bragging about grabbing women by the genitals. yes, that’s harsh. Supporting Putin in any fashion, even indirectly, is also harsh in my humble opinion.

I don’t recall these nasty hyperbolic threads you don’t like. The board is well moderated and personal attacks are not tolerated. I don’t read everything written, I must miss that kind of stuff. Overall, I think this board has a good set of posters and the tone is not nearly as awful as you seem to suggest.

im sorry if my own posting style puts you off, I don’t mean to discourage anyone from joining in. Try to join the discussion, and ease up on focusing on criticizing what you don’t like, and give it a go.
Honestly depends on the fortitude of the wife. If your wife is shy or a people pleaser, then you don't. If your wife has a hot temper & flies off the handle - you probably don't unless you just want a good laugh.

But many of us know how to stand up to bullies & sexual assaults. Although it gets easier the older you get. Under 30 it's much harder to do. 30s... eh who knows. But after 40? You may get a snarky response, or called out, or both depending on the mood. I've been in a few situations, with Mr. MobtownK there - & while he was ready to come to my defense - he also knows that I need to be able to handle this kind of thing myself as well. I've seen the same as women hit on him. I've only gone to "stake my claim" one time in over 20 years - because I was drunk.

Not trying to be a radical @Chukker Veteran or argue - but give it from a female perspective. As a woman - we have to know how to handle these things without a man coming to our defense.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don’t think Trump was a threat to actually make a grab for her…

it’s more of a case of stepping in the slime to even be in his presence and not show any revulsion. Instead, treat the clown with respect.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and MobtownK

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Can you blame Saban's so-called "wokeness"? His bread and butter lies in recruting 4 and 5 star recruits, nearly all of them African-American. In a state that only in recent years has taken down the Rebel flag from the state capitol.

Steve Spurrier was pretty outspoken about the Confederate flag. Do I think he would have given two rips about it if it didn't affect recruiting.

Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There's a reason we felt the need to post this sticky:
Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 8.07.45 AM.png

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Can you blame Saban's so-called "wokeness"? His bread and butter lies in recruting 4 and 5 star recruits, nearly all of them African-American. In a state that only in recent years has taken down the Rebel flag from the state capitol.

Steve Spurrier was pretty outspoken about the Confederate flag. Do I think he would have given two rips about it if it didn't affect recruiting.
the whole "wokeness" terminology is ridiculous. it is literally a slur against people trying not to be racist

the second i hear that word come out of someone's mouth, i know i can stop taking them seriously.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
the whole "wokeness" terminology is ridiculous. it is literally a slur against people trying not to be racist

the second i hear that word come out of someone's mouth, i know i can stop taking them seriously.
The way it is being used by republicans is disgusting, considering the origins. They are telling us who they are: the people black people must remain "woke"/alert/on the lookout for. They are mocking black people being alert to protect themselves from racial violence - past, present, and future. It's akin to calling Ukrainians "woke" mockingly for defending themselves, but worse (because their ancestors were often responsible for that violence).

Reactions: 92tide

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
After Johnson made some really stupid statements. I just wrote in Nick Saban . Really each party couldn’t have picked a worse candidate to represent them.
I used to do write ins but decided I was creating extra work for some poor slob. Johnson would have been in way over his head but he wasn’t carrying Alabama so I wasn’t hurting anything. I felt increasing the Libertarian vote was making a bigger statement.

I am not so sure that this board is more liberal than in years past, the appearance of being liberal is because there are so many never-Trumpers on here. Most people can recognize a sociopathic crook.
My political views have moved leftward the last few years due to a desire to not be associated with the Trump cult.

I don’t know if Saban cares about BLM. But his players do. If his participation in the march deflected any negativity towards the players or kept one idiot from yelling racist comments it was worth it. I doubt he cares if a few toothless morons stop watching or don’t buy the cheapest t-shirt made in China that Wal-Mart sells.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.