Question: How good are we?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I think this is the most talented team we have had under CNO. Whether they can win the SEC reg season and tournament like the 2020-21 team did remains to be seen. I think we can make a deep run in the tourney if we keep getting better and playing hard.
I can see us being good enough to win the regular season. I just don’t see the letdowns of the past. This team fights hard.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We have the potential to have a very successful season. We have a LOT of talent and good depth at all the positions. BUT it depends on how we continue to work hard and grow and also continue to buy into what the Oats it cooking.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Houston will be up for Bama. But, we still won't really know how good this team for another month or so with so many new pieces and Welch still not healthy.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This team is likely the most talented team we've had in a long long time. We have to continue improving though or we could end up underachieving. I can't wait to see how far this team can go.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
If our guards can continue to have more assists than points and we sustain the effort given so far, with out a doubt we'll be better than last yr. We beat NC and miller may as well have stayed on the bench, that to me is telling.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
To answer the OP, we don’t know.

Initial returns are promising, but it’s way too early to predict. We have the potential to beat any team in the country. So did last year’s team — which beat Gonzaga on the road, then lost to a laundry list of teams it should have run out of the arena.

We seem to have infinitely more chemistry than 2021-22. But only time will tell whether that continues into the conference season. If (huge two letters) it does, we can go deep in March.

Last year’s team taught me a lesson about valuing talent over chemistry. Get back to me in about 90 days.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Noah Clowney apparently is a combination of Herb and Petty :)

if we can get one of the 2 guards going, this team will be tough to beat.

Perhaps the best combination of guards we’ve ever had. 2 - 5* PGs and Sears? That’s phenomenal.

Reactions: oskie

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
It depends on continued development and injuries. Last year, we started hot and faded. Team chemistry just didn’t gel. Plus we had some injuries that didn’t help. If they team plays as a team, we should go far.

Reactions: dathbama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm not pumping sunshine and trying to remain grounded but, I'll offer this opinion: we are much, much more talented than the SEC championship team from a couple of years ago led by Herb. That team had talent, but they were driven more by guts, leadership and heart than talent. They got where they did by playing with grit as a team.

This team has a lot more talent, but it remains to be seen how they'll gel as a team, but the early returns look good. Real good!

We've played several of the best teams in the country already and have Gonzaga coming up. We are 3-1 against those teams right now with wins over Mich. St., UNC, and Houston. We are playing the kind of teams we'd meet in the SS and EE in March if we make it that far.

I'm not going to dare predict how deep we'll go, but this team has the talent to go as deep as any team we've ever had in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.